The build starts...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well the assembly I guess it would be called. Got some springs from charlie as well as the battery tray and servo. Thanks bro! So I put them on today along with the battery I have just for looks. Got white springs on the front and blue's in the back. I didn't realize how much difference it makes. I understand now when people say no crawler set up is exactly the same! Anyway got that stuff put on and the servo wired along with the antenna. Might do something different with the servo wire just not sure what yet. I went with it spiraled instead of wrapped around the bar. Let me know what you guys think. This is my first attempt keep that in mind.

1zzgppd.jpg

2emigyh.gif

2598g9e.gif

xnx8r8.gif

24wd7aw.gif

2ut0ysw.gif

sgkapc.gif

n3m9ea.gif

alkl1e.jpg

dfj9c5.gif

1z56ywm.jpg

I'm a little addicted already :D

heck yeah man, that looks good and you are already putting good stuff on it....good job, just get your DAMN ELECTRONICS ALREADY!!!

HaHa nexy week my friend.... next week.

you obviously like tea huh? i really just noticed how much better looking the artr is than the kit.

I got your sidewinder in and waiting for you. It's been said that shes been calling "Brandon, Brandon" in faint whispers in the shop at night. It really freaked Joes daughter out lol.

you obviously like tea huh? i really just noticed how much better looking the artr is than the kit.

I been trying to tell you that! I tried to give you an orange aluminum upgrade kit a while back so your rig would look similar to that, but you said you thought the orange would be ugly lol.

I got your sidewinder in and waiting for you. It's been said that shes been calling "Brandon, Brandon" in faint whispers in the shop at night. It really freaked Joes daughter out lol.

LMFAO!!! I'm sorry man I got some unexpected bills. Had to pay a down payment of like 400 bucks for insurance. It killed me and my RC budget.

That's ok man, I'm just letting you know we got it in. We had to go thru another distributor, it's getting hard to find Castle stuff now, they just aren't keeping up with the high demand, and I think rock crawling has a lot to do with it.

Sweet bro thanks. You got a price for me with shipping?

Yeah, I'll send you all the information in a PM so as not to jumble up your build thread.

I been trying to tell you that! I tried to give you an orange aluminum upgrade kit a while back so your rig would look similar to that, but you said you thought the orange would be ugly lol.

u tried selling me it for my second crawler and I'm glad i didnt buy it now since i sold it lol. i still think the orange is ugly, i mainly like the fact the rims are blingish, nice tires too, and a good crawler body none of that betty body shish.

what battery is that brandon??? also does it have straight lower links in the front?

Last edited:
Its this one... http://www.hobby-estore.com/e-sky-0180-li-po-battery.html I hear the discharge rate wont handle the setup I'm going to run though so I will be buying another one. Yes it has bent rear links but straight front ones.

Oh and I trimmed the fenders also. Cut the back ones all the way off and the front ones just the lip so I could keep the headlights. We will see how it works.

I'm sure just getting started on the build got him all hot and heavy,so he needed the tea to cool off I'm sure

looking good too

yeah that body should work awesome since its small and atleast the battery was cheap price wise.

man i need one of them badly

nice build what motor, esc u goin with ?

man i need one of them badly

nice build what motor, esc u goin with ?

Gong with the sidewinder and the cobalt 7 puller

yeah that body should work awesome since its small and atleast the battery was cheap price wise.

I actually got that one in a trade to bad i can't use it lol.

I'm sure just getting started on the build got him all hot and heavy,so he needed the tea to cool off I'm sure

looking good too

Thanks Ya I mostly only drink tea. I dont drink soda it really messes up my stomach. I used to drink like a 12 pk of Mountain Dew a day and i think thats what screwed it up in the first place.

Anyway... Thanks for the compliments guys!

Hahahaahahaha you are screwed!!!

Welcome to the addiction.

LOL I am beginning to realize that...

Your next rig will either be a scaler, or a slash. I can see it. I'm lookin for a scaler now. I'm hooked also.
But i was hooked before crawlers were popular on RCNT. Damn followers. lol

Nice rig Brandon!!

I keep fighting the urge to buy one (which is helped along by my wife threatening to lop off appendages if I buy another R/C). I'm holding out for Christmas, we'll see if she'll crumble and give in then. :D

A crawler is worth at least a foot.

Back