Texting while driving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
AT&T sucks in this area I'm in but at least they did something right with this video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebhWD6ljZs"]YouTube - AT&T Don't Text While Driving Documentary[/ame]

ATT sucks here, too. I lose signal while sitting by the window, and get all 6 bars in the car.

Wow. That's powerful.
That should be a required video for every kid getting a driver's license.

I hate seeing people texting while driving. It can wait! no text matters enough to risk killing yourself or some innocent person.

They passed a law in Wisconsin, no texting while driving.

On the AT&T note, service is relatively good here, except indoors at certain places. Like my house. They have a 3G box that plugs into your home network that will give you full 3G in your house, to phones that you authorize. I've been debating on getting it. They are still working on upgrading our area, and I hear there are plans to bump up to 4G soon as well.

Biggest downfall we have, is that we live very close to Lambeau Field, and on home games, we can have full signal, but our text/calls come in based on how the game is going. Pre-game, half-time, and post-game, plus commercial breaks suck for us.

Sad video. Very sad. Too many things can be changed because of texting. I used to do it all the time while driving but havent in a long time thankfully.

Also on a side note, I have better service with ATT than I ever did with alltel/verison and my bill is way less too.

Wow. That's powerful.
That should be a required video for every kid getting a driver's license.

Took the words right out of my mouth. That was very powerful. I don't understand what the hurry is to text someone back. Guess I never will know. California made is a law that you can not text and drive. Did it work? No...People still do it.

Well I guess I can be grateful that my wife TALKS on her way home from work. It's still not safe, I know.
On a serious note, that video or one like it should be a requirement for all teens getting a license.

I will admit i am guilty of texting while driving, but after watching that video and i can honestly say that i was crying while i was watching it, i will NOT DO IT ANY MORE. Its not worth the risk, as the video says "it can wait"

why do we have to pass a law for something thats a given. daaaaaaa. oh ,drugs? seeing how well making alcohol legal worked. sure make drugs legal. then hire 100,00 more people to work in the crime industry .

my city just recently passed a law like this.
something i see way WAY more frequently in early morning, rush hour, stop and go traffic is women putting on make up while driving.
seriously? ...and yet my insurance is higher because I have a penis.

If i were a driving instructor, this would be taught in my class.

My wife and I just watched the video together and while I am guilty of texting and driving it was done on a rare occasion and usually while stopped at a light, my wife made me promise not to text while driving any more, so I will pull off the road from now on if it is important. Definitely would be a good video for new drivers to see, I have also seen another video along the same lines that shows an actual accident from texting and driving and the results of how it impacted peoples lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DGE8LzRaySk
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Last edited:
Less than 2 years ago there was a head on accident here that killed a 19 year old girl and the driver of the compact pick up truck she hit when she crossed into the oncoming lane.
She was texting. Both died at the scene.
We don't write letters and address envelopes while we drive, so why would someone do something as distracting as sending a useless text?

I saw a guy one day reading the news paper while driving on the L.I.E. I wanted to yank that jackass out through the vent window and beat him. That stupid bs will kill some innocent mom or dad, and ruin lives. WTF was so important in that paper that he had to read it on the highway while driving? Some people are just so damn selfish and inconsiderate of how their actions can and will impact the lives of the people unlucky enough to cross their paths.

is there realy that many idiots? we shouldnt HAVE to pass a law. or take all the warning labels off every thing , then let natural selection do the rest.

Texting? What's that?

I don't believe in texting in the first place. If you can't say it on the phone or on an email then why do it?

Texting? What's that?

I don't believe in texting in the first place. If you can't say it on the phone or on an email then why do it?

Hell yeah! I thought I was the only one left that felt that way. I do not text, if I have a phone in my hand why the hell am I gonna text when I can just call someone.

Texting is only for young and inexperienced drivers. Sad but true.
It's just one more way of removing human contact for the next generation. Remember when you could call a business and reach a living person?

Remember when you could call a business and reach a living person?

That must have been a long time a go Ralph, :hehe:LOL!!!! All I get now when I call some where is for English press 1, Why in the hell should we have to press 1 for English? :\:whhooo:

I guess its cause I'm 24 but I hate talking on the phone lol. I use 7000-10000 texts a month. I wont even call people about stuff on craigslist I always try to text the number first. I will call if its something I really want and nobody responds to the text. I text while driving constantly. I think I will rethink that after seeing these videos....

I guess its cause I'm 24 but I hate talking on the phone lol. I use 7000-10000 texts a month. I wont even call people about stuff on craigslist I always try to text the number first. I will call if its something I really want and nobody responds to the text. I text while driving constantly. I think I will rethink that after seeing these videos....

CHP in my area stopped cracking down on it so much. They did back in 09 when the law passed but not anymore. I had a close call a while back and I was texting and driving. Now the phone gets turned off when I'm driving.

Back