Temp Gun,,,,,where do I aim it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyca412751

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Exactly where should I be aiming my temp gun? At the side of the head or right down on the glow plug? My temp gun is tiny....kinda the same size as a pencil

Yeah, just point the sensor down the cooling head where the plug is. I hope you know the right temp for your engine.

well...I didnt change anything from the factory setting. When I purchased the temp gun, i was surprised to see it hit 300+!!! I immediately opened the HSN and now its at about 250 or so. It was soggy on the bottom end too so after a few runs with the HSN richened, I leaned the LSN. Now its alot better to use. It goes like stink. I lost control on my driveway (a really long driveway) and it catapulted up a snow bank and went about 10' in the air before it landed in the snow.
I had r/c planes since 1994.........I only wish I had discovered the nitro trucks as early.
Not to mention,,,,,The guys here are alot more helpful and a hell of alot more friendly than the guys who used to be flying R/C Planes.
Thanks!

I'm glad to hear that ur temps are back down cuz 300 is WAY too much.

I'm guessing you already know this but just in case, if you're running in the snow you need to have your electronics wrapped so they can't get wet.

I'm glad to hear that ur temps are back down cuz 300 is WAY too much.

I know I'm not real popular with this issue, but I've run all of my engines around 290-300 with NO problems. Especially if you are pointing directly on the glow plug. My Savage currently has 6gal+ and still good pinch. That's just my opinion.

DAMN, I hear OZEC coming, I gotta run..................

Back