Tekno DB48 Desert buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Built my very first Tekno DB48. I haven't ran it but one test run. I put the hobbywing Max8 combo with 2600kv motor in it. Should be a Fun buggy once I get everything adjusted out. Anybody else build anything similar to this?
1644619446710.jpg

Last edited:
Built my very first Tekno DB48. I haven't ran it but one test run. I put the hobbywing Max8 combo with 2800kv motor in it. Should be a Fun buggy once I get everything adjusted out. Anybody else build anything similar to this?
View attachment 175782
Awesome! What platform did you use for your build?

That's sharp! Yes my gage is a nomad cage. I liked to have never found one but I lucked up and a guy sold it to me
I just realized the nomad was also team associated 😂 It looks good, that’s the one I was looking for when I started my build but ended up going the way I did. I’m happier this way. If I ever wreck the body I don’t know if I’d ever be able to replace it, I better look for some replacement panels!

I just realized the nomad was also team associated 😂 It looks good, that’s the one I was looking for when I started my build but ended up going the way I did. I’m happier this way. If I ever wreck the body I don’t know if I’d ever be able to replace it, I better look for some replacement panels!
To be honest with ya I've been thinking about some MT tires/wheels and a Truck body. Probably pretty simple to do. I don't race in U4 or anything, I just bash around. I'm fixing to clear out a bunch of underbrush in a patch of woods to make a Off-road Trail to run on.

If you basically put the sct on a truggy chassis I would look carefully at the diameter of the tires you choose. You can fit 2.8mt’s on there but some might be slightly too tall and won’t allow the chassis to bottom out before the shocks do, know what I’m saying? I prefer the OG badlands because they were the smallest 2.8 I could find, and allow chassis slap, but I have the buggy which has longer arms (I think). I do like my duratrax six packs but they are just slightly too big. If you don’t jump hard enough to ever bottom out then I wouldnt fret over it, I never do, I just ended up preferring the badlands tread on my particular terrain. It was that much of a difference With the smaller tread blocks I think.

Back