Tekin Vs. Orion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
:)I have a b4.1 Ft buggy. I need a motor. I am looking for a good sensored brushless motor. I know tekin is good quality, but has a big price tag. Now, I've heard a few people said that the orion brushless motors are extremly smooth. Has anyone had experience with either one? If so which Kv or turn motor do you think is best? Thanks.

YES! Sorry that i left that out!, Mostly at Family Hobbies Raceway, in vineland nj

I honestly don't know jack about off-road electric racing. Are you seasoned or new to racing? Motor choice means little to new racers.

They are both good motors. I know a Losi team driver that runs the Orion, and an Associated team driver that runs Tekins. Both are very competitive on the track.

Yea the local AE driver always runs tekin. I havent seen anyone at my track with anything but tekin,castle,novak, and another team associated guy runs Lrp stuff. I guess whatever is in my price range that is decent.

Most of the serious on-road racers around here use the Tekin. Most of the Short-Course Trucks are using the Castle Creations.

I run Tekin and love their stuff. I have ran Tekin way back to the days of the G12 (late 80's early 90's) Orion is nice stuff but you can buy the same stuff cheaper by going Xerun (blue esc) Xerun makes Orion esc's... I currently run a Tekin RX8/1900kv in a Ve8 buggy which I have for trade / for sale if interested? Tekin has always had great support from the company itself to R/C Forums especially on rctech. Orion lacks in that department to say the least. In fact if you call a certain online hobby shop that sells Orion and ask Orion or Tekin they will tell you Tekin. In fact a lot of times they will push a brand that is cheaper then Orion.

All I have to say on this topic is, that is one heck of a nice track.