Techno SCT 410.3 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread. Just read the entire thing, in anticipation for my 410.3 build. I am also coming from the world of crawlers and totally new to SC. Also considering a Castle ESC "copperhead". Really looking forward to it.

Copperhead won’t cut it. The Short Corse Trucks all use 1/8 scale stuff. Even my Monster X has trouble with the heat. I would go Tekin RX8 with a 4300 Pro 4 motor.

Yeah a Copperhead is only good for SCT kits weighing up to 6.5lbs and the SCT410.3 weighs 6.3 so you may want to think about going with an 1/8 scale ESC like IC suggested or you're going to be pushing the envelope.

Last edited:
All depends if your are racing. If your racing then try to see what the others are running. Don’t want to buy a motor and find out it does not fit a class.

Copperhead won’t cut it. The Short Corse Trucks all use 1/8 scale stuff. Even my Monster X has trouble with the heat. I would go Tekin RX8 with a 4300 Pro 4 motor.
Got it. I've seen that motor / esc combo posted a bunch of different places. Will this be good for both 2s and 3s? I believe most of track driving will be with 2s (what everyone else runs) What pinion would you recommend starting out with, on a dirt SC track, with the above motor / esc combo? Also, battery recommendations, if you have any.

I only run 2 s and that might make a difference with the copperhead. I only run my copperhead on 3 s and with the higher KV puller pro or revolver it over heats.
Maybe on 2 s it would work. I use a 4300kv and turn a 15 tooth pinion. 14 is also good but with 16 tooth it over heats after about 8 minutes of fast laps. I did upgrade the fan but actually the 15 is better at my track.

Racing on a big asphalt oval tonight. 2 ten lap qualifying heats then a B main and an A main.
Let’s go!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I kinda did not know the rules for the first heat. This it ten laps. First car to complete 10 laps stops the clock. I am used to the qualifier heat in dirt racing. In that case everyone is on there own lap for five minutes. So when the race started I let everyone go. I finished third. In the second qualifier I won. So I’m in the A main fifth out of ten.

The A main was a ten car field for twenty five laps. I have no idea what happened. I went out and stayed out of trouble for the most part. Had two spins and a real smash up crash but landed on my wheels and it did not even slow me down. At the end I finished fifth out of ten. I definitely need different tires. But that is for next year. For now all the batteries get storage charged and my SCT410.3 if in line for a full fluid service and I need a new body for next year.

Let the cleaning begin. This rig has been really good this season. I can’t believe it’s over. But now I have to replace everything liquid and remove any dirt. Inspect everything and get ready for next year. I wish I could do something to improve the rig. But it’s so good all I can do is learn to drive.

A0ED8882-1A3E-4032-9D38-2FD57717FC20.jpeg

I got the whole rig cleaned up spotless and added a dual fan system. It’s all ready for next year. Except Saturday the track is open so I’m gonna get it dirty.

1C02C1DF-2020-4C30-B67E-8629B3EF9AFA.jpeg

BD8AC6D1-5505-4F60-A226-880E4A22DE17.jpeg

gensacearespammers 8000 ma 2s with a 100c.
You've got so many cool kits, I'm starting to hate you most of all on here 😜

One of these days, we need to see a group photo! This build is one of my favs of yours, if that's possible to pick a fave. They are all pretty darned cool.

thanks I really like my trucks. Glad you enjoy them also.
The batteries re actually Zee 8000mah
100C 2 cell lipo.
I can’t spell correct the gensacearespammers ones. It keeps changing back to gensacearespammers for some reason.

Cuz Gens was spamming the forums at one time with promotional adds or something so Woodie made it to where it would change the name G E N S A C E to Gensacespammers.

Back