Team Losi XXX-SCB, any one else looking to ride this train?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/losb0107.htm

New Losi XXX-SCB 1/10th (they call it nearly 1/9th) Pro 2 type short course 2WD Buggy.
list 250. Stormer has them for 229.

this is a pretty sick looking rig. 2s lipo esc, but brushed setup.

begging for a conversion. maybe the new Castle SC 4pole setup.
think I'm going to run and get one tomorrow maybe. drive it for a bit, then drop in a EZRun 35A esc and 4300kv motor i have here in it with 2s. ran this setup in a slash and it was pretty damn fast. if it dont cut it, will likely get the Castle rig for it.

wondering if anyone else has looked at these rigs.
based mostly off the Losi XXX SCT rig with thin streamlined chassis. the package upgrade from Losi works on both the SCT and the new SCB rig equally.

thoughts?

I have the XXX-SCT and it is a sick rig! I am looking forward to the SCB just as soon as I can get the coin for sure I bet it will be just as a performer as the SCT

I'm getting it soon. Where I race, there is already a class for it with Kyosho and Losi both releasing them.

That CC 4-pole SC setup is a torque monster, I'd personally get something sensored to drop in instead, 10.5 or so.

My lhs just set one up with a Traxxass brushless set up. It is a pretty cool rig. They were running it on the indoor course the other day, it goes pretty good.

DO NOT MISS OUT. this thing is a blast. stock motor/esc is great for the track, but you ll want more if your not on a track (and likely if you are) easier to not use what you have, then to miss what you dont have.

this thing just plain kicks ass. especially now that it has the CC MM/5700 combo in it.

hard to keep the front end down. even in the loose stuff. finger control is now a must. lol

DO NOT MISS OUT. this thing is a blast. stock motor/esc is great for the track, but you ll want more if your not on a track (and likely if you are) easier to not use what you have, then to miss what you dont have.

this thing just plain kicks ass. especially now that it has the CC MM/5700 combo in it.

hard to keep the front end down. even in the loose stuff. finger control is now a must. lol

Take the nose piece apart, and there's room to put two 1/4oz weight blocks in there. That will help with the steering and keeping the nose down.

no, the front comes up cuz when i get too much throttle, the Mamba Max and 5700 motor just put to much power down, the tires hook up too well, and the front end lifts.

believe me, its not an issue, unless i use to much of a heavy finger. lol

I have the new CC sv2 and the 4pole 5700kv motor. I have only ran it with my 2s 4100 lipo and can't wait till the 3s 5000's come in this comin week. That thing is a blast I got 45 minutes of hard run time out of the batt. today. I am going to mess with the pinion size and find the sweet spot.. I dont know I am inlove with my 2wd slash at the moment and dont know if I would get much use out of another sct/scb unless I get the 4wd slash. and try a bigger motor. the mamba monster would be pretty insane!!!

pics!!!! and vid!!! well atleast some pics

I just finished putting a CC Sidewinder SCT combo withe the 3800KV motor in my XXX-SCB Stronghold buggy. With a 2650 mAh 25C LiPo, I can hardly keepthe nose down on asphalt and the roosters on a ball field diamond are awesome. The buggy is awesome with the stock motor/ESC, but with the Sidewinder combo the thing is a rocket.

Yep, still like it, and no, no complaints. I love the way the thing handles too. Put a light kit on it and it rocks at night too. Next to my Losi Ten T it is my favorite RC car. I can't wait to race it against my newly acquired Associated Brushless SC10 RS RTR.

I've pretty much settled on one. But have to find a good price on one (most seem to be 250 w/ ship. Then price batteries and charger. My buddies run nitro still so I'm going to have to get a decent batterie to keep up with them with this brush motor, but looking forward to it.

The stock setup with a high C rated LiPo would be good for maybe 35 MPH with the brushed motor. Not too shabby really.

ae6edb75-677b-e64b.jpg

Just put in the castle Sidewinder SCT system. Went very well, had to reverse my throttle on my radio but if that's the only thing that goes wrong ill be ok. This this is insanely quick. I will have to get the castle link and dial down the punch a little as it flips over when you gun it even while moving and that was on very wet asphalt. I also installed some LEDs into the light buckets. Took photos of that as it took a slight altering and will post that up if anyone wants to see. I am incredibly happy with this as my first electric since I was a kid.

definitely post up pics. where are the light buckets?

Video was too difficult in the fading light, but it is completely dark out and from my garage I can not are the other side of the cul de sac, but with the head lights and tail lights you always know which way your pointing. Its great. I'm going to order more light buckets and put a few more head lights on.
ae6edb75-e0e8-b969.jpg

ae6edb75-e0f9-58cf.jpg

ae6edb75-e116-3b3a.jpg

ae6edb75-e128-fd45.jpg

nice....i'm digging it. i may trade/sell a slash to fund one...

Back