Team Losi Strike Short Couse Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder though, why Losi did that. Surely they knew it was going to be over, although they've been developing it for awhile...probably long before the ROAR rules came out for the SCT class, so who knows.

Roar RULES

lets not forget that these roar RULES are actually just guidlines. each track can take them or leave them.

True, and most tracks are still doing just a Slash spec class, but it would still be a problem if they started doing a ROAR Series or whatever. But yeah, it fits in with most general guide lines, I don't see it as being much of a problem.

I think that the reason why Losi is jumping on the SC band wagon is to get in the future ROAR racing classes that are popping up here and there. Yeah its shell does look a bit like the Slash but so does the SC10 in a lot of ways.

Honestly it looks like they have the center of gravity about mid ways compared to the SC10 and Slash.

Not sure if Losi designed this to take right out of the box and bash with it but I am glad you mentioned that it was designed after the High Roller. I have yet to put my Slash on a track but from what I have seen on youtube and other videos, running an short course truck on a truck just doesn't seem to get the punishment I would give it.
After reading SweetD's review on the High Roller I know what to expect with this one.

you should come race with us! At the end of each race it turns into a Slash Bash Demo Derby! Trust me on this, the slash is a tank, the strike is, well built like a high roller! Good luck running that into a wall at full speed and driving away!

Lol, I take it High Roller's aren't that durable. I've never had any experience with them.

you should come race with us! At the end of each race it turns into a Slash Bash Demo Derby! Trust me on this, the slash is a tank, the strike is, well built like a high roller! Good luck running that into a wall at full speed and driving away!

I figured as much. My Slash has been beaten and bashed many times and it took up to 8 hours at least of bashing before the stock A arms broke. ;)

I (apparently along with everyone else) put mine through the wringer and never broke anything. It's going to be hard to match the durability of the Slash or any Traxxas for that matter, their plastic has a reputation of being extremely good, almost as good as the stuff RPM molds their parts from.

Wonder if its as water resistant as the slash? Micro would be cool.

In my personal opinion, none of Losi's vehicles are impressing me lately. The 2 vehicles I would buy (If I could afford) would definately be the 8ight T 2.0 and 8ight 2.0. Other than that, I wouldn't buy a Losi Vehicle. I'll just stick with my Slash, unless I hear this Strike is insanely good, and tops the Slash.

I find it strange that there aren't any action videos of this thing but plenty of action photos.

I was looking at this truck on Losi's site. When you look over the gears to the slipper there's one thing I have noticed that I don't see or just can't figure it out. Does this thing have a pinion/spure adjustment option? I looked at it closely and there is no mention of this. Any one see it? Let me know if there is something I have over looked. I have looked on the site at all the defining parts of the truck and I didn't see a pinion spure adjustment option or place to do so(like changing the number tooth pinion).
I really am thinking about getting one of these but I wan't more options to change something besides the suspension.

The motor mount has two holes in it, one is a standard hole for a short M3 screw, the other is the width of an M3 screw, but sort of oblong so you can sort of "rock" or rotate the motor to adjust the distance of the motor shaft from the spur, creating a point of adjustment for different pinion sizes and gear mesh. I've yet to see any r/c car or truck that isn't designed to move the motor in and out from the spur to adjust for gear mesh and pinion/spur changes.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I couldn't see it or over read it. Thanks again.

Yeah, I don't know where or if it mentions it, but it's pretty much a given nowadays unless it's a really cheap walmart car or something.

I took a look at the losi. Honestly. . . I'm not impressed either. I dont believe the motor in front of the axle will be effective. Id rather keep my slash.

Yeah, I've already got a Slash, if I'm going to buy another SCT, it'd better be pretty impressive. The losi has impressed me, but my standards weren't set very high with them to begin with. Regardless, they still haven't impressed me enough...especially with the new HPI that just came out, they seemed to have been more on the ball about it than Losi. Just my .02 cents though.

its a shame they had the wrong guys designing this truck!!! could of and should have been so much better. i expected so much more like alot of others. they will lose theyre butt on trying to market this one for sure. :D but heyy when it is on sale for $99.99 i may try er out!!

I swear sometimes it's like Losi does all their research AFTER a vehicle is released. They had a good hit with the original Eight and the 2.0, which makes me think they took 1/8th scale stuff a little more serious than this new SCT market. It's like they're just releasing this vehicle to fill a niche in the market. I've seen Rich T. from Losi on the crawler boards quite a bit, gathering info from the target audience, and feedback over their crawler. It took on a lot of speculation and a bit of a stumble when it was first released, but now it looks as if it's doing ok after those issues were fixed....but it was all obvious issues from the very beginning, issues that should have been taken care of with the initial research BEFORE PRODUCTION. I know they care somewhat about their customer base, otherwise they wouldn't take any input at all from their racers and crawlers....but what good is the input if you don't use it?

very true, i do not do the rock crawling but have seen the issues all over the place. i just can not believ that guys that race for losi, designers and executives saw this design and styling and said good enough lets put it out there. its like they took a huge step backwards on it.i mean i would expect this from redcat racing but losi,,,jeez. but i am smart enough to know also that it may be ugly as all get out but with this design may be a fast sticky truck?? i want to know either way lol!

Back