Team Associated T3 gearbox rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie65

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'am experiencing a problem finding transmission parts for the T3. To be exact my diff and idler gears are toast. Surfed probably through everything in the web for hours without success. If I find a part the shipping cost starts from $40 while the part itself is $5 (I live in EU). The idler gear is 28T and diff is 48T. And to be more honest i have some kind of a replica its Thunder Tiger Phoenix ST II. And I'am pretty sure it uses the same transmission as T3. Is it possible to 3d print these parts? How do I model these gears so they precisely fit in the case? Can I use another maker gears and if yes where can i find them? What if i try to fit completely different transmission and what transmission could fit instead?

I will be very thankful for any answer I get :)

When its dscontinued, the price is how bad do you want it. I bought parts from Eur. $12 in parts 22-30 shipping each, two packages. Circa 2010, $14 I could have both. 🤣

If you can't find working parts, 3d and machining is the next step. For 3d printing, there are hpi a333 gears 3d printed on ebay. You might be able to message them. We also have members here who 3d print, I'm sure theyll pop in soon.

As for another brand, shims would be my guess. You might be able to take your parts to a hobby shop and look around to see of something similar.

Hello everyone. I'am experiencing a problem finding transmission parts for the T3. To be exact my diff and idler gears are toast. Surfed probably through everything in the web for hours without success. If I find a part the shipping cost starts from $40 while the part itself is $5 (I live in EU). The idler gear is 28T and diff is 48T. And to be more honest i have some kind of a replica its Thunder Tiger Phoenix ST II. And I'am pretty sure it uses the same transmission as T3. Is it possible to 3d print these parts? How do I model these gears so they precisely fit in the case? Can I use another maker gears and if yes where can i find them? What if i try to fit completely different transmission and what transmission could fit instead?

I'm in the middle of building a t3. Where do you live? I have found all my parts on the bay..
There gears all over the bay you just really have to search..

Found one for you

...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associated-RC10B2-B3-4-1-4-2-T3-T4-SC10-SC10B-Idler-Gear-9360-B4-/115128724449?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
When its dscontinued, the price is how bad do you want it. I bought parts from Eur. $12 in parts 22-30 shipping each, two packages. Circa 2010, $14 I could have both. 🤣

If you can't find working parts, 3d and machining is the next step. For 3d printing, there are hpi a333 gears 3d printed on ebay. You might be able to message them. We also have members here who 3d print, I'm sure theyll pop in soon.

As for another brand, shims would be my guess. You might be able to take your parts to a hobby shop and look around to see of something similar.
I love my 3D printer best thing ever I tell you sir

Found one for you

...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associated-RC10B2-B3-4-1-4-2-T3-T4-SC10-SC10B-Idler-Gear-9360-B4-/115128724449?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I do too. I just need to learn gcode and make my own. I have a cr10.

I do too. I just need to learn gcode and make my own. I have a cr10.
I got the Ender 3 V2. It's fantastic I can't wait to be able to start designing and printing parts. It will be a game changer. @WickedFog is a printing guru. He's helped me out alot for sure... any questions about printing I would go to him.. very printing savoy

I got the Ender 3 V2. It's fantastic I can't wait to be able to start designing and printing parts. It will be a game changer. @WickedFog is a printing guru. He's helped me out alot for sure... any questions about printing I would go to him.. very printing savoy
I thought about him, but dont want to bug him as hes the go to for printing. I get files off thingiverse and similar sites.

I thought about him, but dont want to bug him as hes the go to for printing. I get files off thingiverse and similar sites.
Same here I have a list I found on line of free and paying. But the prices are dirt cheap.. I will pm you the list I use about 10 - 15 different sites besides thingiverse.. If you pm Wicked I'm sure he will help you out bud.. I will let him know that you might hit him up or for him to PM you...wasn't a fan of the whike thing black hahaha
16420281442328983816713974253031.jpg

Found one for you

1642045813536.png

OP lives in EU.
There are some people that use an Axial SCX10 idler gear and were having good results. Just in case you, OP, come across this option, I gave my thoughts on the slight difference of bearings sizes (5mm vs. 3/16").

Last edited:
As far as printing gears, you'll want to use, minumum, PETG and hope for the best. A carbon fiber filament, like NylonX, would be my best guess as to what you would want to use to print anything RC gear related.
I've printed some idler gears, but not tested them. I am just preparing for the day when it comes.

IMG_20210502_145303073.jpg

IMG_20210502_145331905.jpg

IMG_20210502_145147877.jpg

Last edited:
I got the same printer I love my Ender. I will be using nylon when I start printing parts. Nice idle gear man👍👍

Thank you for being so active on this topic and helping me out :) @HeavyBag it looks just like the gear I need, maybe You have a file for this? P.s. started looking for a 3D printer

Thank you for being so active on this topic and helping me out :) @HeavyBag it looks just like the gear I need, maybe You have a file for this? P.s. started looking for a 3D printer
Thats a whole different addiction. Enjoy. 🤣🤣

Post up when you get one, Ill drop all the sites I know of.

View attachment 140474
OP lives in EU.
There are some people that use an Axial SCX10 idler gear and were having good results. Just in case you, OP, come across this option, I gave my thoughts on the slight difference of bearings sizes (5mm vs. 3/16").
I wasn't saying to order it from that place.. was just showing him to look on the Bay. The T3 gears are all over the Bay. That's part of the problem being over the pond. They get screwed wither way.. I don't worry about that crap I live state side.. parts for days..........

Back