Team associated PRO SC10 esc/motor issue (car not running)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosc10_TA

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys, so I bought a pro sc10 about a year ago

Green light just blinks rapidly and nothing on car works. Steering, nothing

What I’ve done so far
-tried rebinding old receiver after it broke, nothing.
-went on and bought new receiver, ESC and motor
-connected new esc and receiver to old motor and rebinded controller (everything seemed fixed after some tinkering. Took the car out and in about 5 minutes the car stopped and had the same issue.
-I’ve had people say I should’ve connected all new equipment up instead of trying to use old motor with new esc and receiver. (Which I now agree was probably the reason it stopped working)

So my big question is…could I have burned out my new esc with my old motor? I plan on putting the new motor in and trying to rebind again. What coarse of action would you guys take?

Really appreciate you guys if you can help!!! Just wanna play with my RC!

id venture to say the old motor was damaged now the new esc is bad again.. so replace esc/motor and try again.

Sounds weird, but a bad servo can make your receiver go bananas. Unplug it from the receiver and see if you then have normal motor control. There‘s no difference at all or any problem with connecting any combination of new components to old ones that are still functioning properly. And of course make sure your ESC is set up for LiPo’s, not NiMH’s, if that’s what you’re running. Or vice versa.
And verify your servo is in position 1 and the ESC is in position 2 on the receiver. Rule of thumb, “1 to turn, 2 to burn!” The black wires on the servo wires and ESC wires plug in and go on the outside of the receiver. Check that too.

Thanks Dan I’ll try that out. Appreciate the help guys!

Back