Tacon Valor/LC Racing EMB-TGH

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Jerry-Rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing, Flying
That truggy looks pretty good with the big block tires.

Slick2500

RCNT Talkaholic
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I got sick of the stock rod ends getting filled with dirt all of the time, so I set out on a mission to find a better solution.
I started with 1 package of Rpm heavy duty rod ends and 2 packages of Team Associated ball studs but the threads on them are a bit too long and they must be trimmed down in the steering blocks and ackerman plate the ones going into the shock towers, caster blocks and rear axle carriers do not interfere with anything so they do not need trimming. The reason I changed the ball studs to Team Associated ball studs is because the Rpm rod ends would bind up on the stock ball studs.
2 of the the rod ends that connect to the shock tower needed to be trimmed to clear the sway bar mounts.
Finished product works great, no binding or sticking, feels much better than the stock setup and no more dirt gets in them. I need to order more so I can do the buggy.
Also was experimenting with some balloons as shock covers, might try red instead.

Slick2500

RCNT Talkaholic
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Don't just Bash, Blast your wallet!
These are super cheap to buy and maintain, about $200 for the rtr, the most expensive stock non electric or body part is about $19. Not a lot of breakages on these guys either the brushed MT I broke the plastic diff output on the front gearbox and the screw came off the diff pinion gear and destroyed my diff crown gear on my truggy, my fault I had a bad tube of loctite when assembling the kit. Other than upgrading the brushed Valor to brushless specs I haven't really had to buy much in parts.

2015GTRBE

RCNT Member
I haven’t used mine in a looooong time. My stock servo took a crap and I’m waiting for the long promised floating servo mounts

Slim1990

RC Newbie
@Slick2500 hey question for ya if you don’t mind, I started putting together my truggy kit today. I got everything put together for the front end. I tested rotation by rolling the axles in my fingers, and the input and crown gear would bind slightly in a certain spot. I pulled the diff apart, with those pesky Phillips screws, and the only thing I could see was that diff cover may not be seating flush to the cup causing the crown gear to be slightly crooked. With the cover off I rotated the axles and tried different things to see it the gear is not straight. Both diffs seems to have a ever so slight wobble in the gear. Did you have any problems with the the diffs? Sorry for the novel, but figured it’d be easier to give you a synopsis of what I’ve done, instead of going back and forth.

Slick2500

RCNT Talkaholic
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing
@Slick2500 hey question for ya if you don’t mind, I started putting together my truggy kit today. I got everything put together for the front end. I tested rotation by rolling the axles in my fingers, and the input and crown gear would bind slightly in a certain spot. I pulled the diff apart, with those pesky Phillips screws, and the only thing I could see was that diff cover may not be seating flush to the cup causing the crown gear to be slightly crooked. With the cover off I rotated the axles and tried different things to see it the gear is not straight. Both diffs seems to have a ever so slight wobble in the gear. Did you have any problems with the the diffs? Sorry for the novel, but figured it’d be easier to give you a synopsis of what I’ve done, instead of going back and forth.
Oh yeah, you have to make sure that all the screws are tightened evenly otherwise the diff spins out of round. If it binds in one spot loosen the screw a little bit at a time until it no longer binds.
The only problem I had was my pinion gear came off the output shaft and ate the crown gear. I now have them red loctited on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jfpryde Mini & Micro RC 18
alien13 General Chaos 10
Newb86 Electric RC 3