Tacon Valor/LC Racing EMB-TGH

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grass seems to be a tad too much for these. Let the nephew take the MT out for a spin and he was driving around when all of the sudden it stopped and smoke started rolling out from under the body. So I had this lying around. It'll work for now.
TvB7H5Kh.jpg

Who still rocks antenna tubes?
ScPbeXch.jpg

I don’t but I’m not real sure what to do with the antenna wire. I have Spektrum receivers in my Granite, Kraton and Typhon. I just kind of lay the antenna wire in there and hope they don’t get caught on anything. Should I fit them with a tube?

I don’t but I’m not real sure what to do with the antenna wire. I have Spektrum receivers in my Granite, Kraton and Typhon. I just kind of lay the antenna wire in there and hope they don’t get caught on anything. Should I fit them with a tube?
I still have antenna tubes on my two Tekno vehicles since Futaba stuff was hard to find. You should put them in tubes to protect them and get better signal since it's up higher but I don't know how much it improves reception.

I still have antenna tubes on my two Tekno vehicles since Futaba stuff was hard to find. You should put them in tubes to protect them and get better signal since it's up higher but I don't know how much it improves reception.

I hate the way the antenna tube looks sticking up from the body, lol.

I hate the way the antenna tube looks sticking up from the body, lol.
HAHA I hear you. I don't stick it up through the body though. I have it stop about 1/4" from the body and run the antenna up and then let the rest hang free. I figure it gets it up a little higher and it isn't laying on the chassis.

HAHA I hear you. I don't stick it up through the body though. I have it stop about 1/4" from the body and run the antenna up and then let the rest hang free. I figure it gets it up a little higher and it isn't laying on the chassis.
Yes, Spektrum even recommends that at least the tip of the antenna be pointing straight up for better radio reception. I just don't understand why the antenna needs to be 10 inches long anymore though.

Last edited:
First bash carnage report.
My receiver came off.
Lost a wheel nut.
Bent a front cvd - looks like I need to spend the $9 on the hard a arms.

This thing has gobs of power and flies through the air so nicely. And it does backflips on 2s.

After 4 bash sessions and beating the living snot out of this thing I have still only managed to lose a wheel nut, scratch the crap out of the body and bend 2 sets of cvds. Much better than the turdrevo vxl or the 1/18 Ruckus. Do I dare say more durable than the Outcast?

Last edited:
Went a bit crazy and spent $33 to convert the MT over to a Buggy. Also picked up a Hobbywing WP10BL50 from a chop shop for $20, a 2845 3600KV brushless motor, 2 crown gears, another set of cvds and the stiff a arms.

The little blue motor just didn't quite cut it for this truck, so I think I went a tad overkill. New motor on top old motor on bottom. 2845 vs 2435 lol.
WMmCmxph.jpg

Tight squeeze, I had to move the receiver, did not realize that the Hobbywing WP10BL50 was way bigger than the Hobbywing 10BL60.

nLZa2oRh.jpg

IAOUSFTh.jpg

1/8 scale truggy or buggy all the way. Mt its arrma. 1/8 is ur best bet. I would look used for a roller and apend the money on electronics

1/8 scale truggy or buggy all the way. Mt its arrma. 1/8 is ur best bet. I would look used for a roller and apend the money on electronics
Idk man these minis are pretty fun and cheap. I can get batteries for about $9 a piece. The most expensive thing I have put in them is a $23 motor. These things can take a beating, the only thing that has broke on the MT was the plastic front diff output a new one is $2.85. On the truggy I had the bevel gear come off the diff output shaft and eat the crown gear, new crown and bevel gear $5.50. I've been driving the MT around ala Jang's Durability Montage style and it just keeps on going, the body has a few holes in the back of it though. So far both of these trucks have been more durable than my Outcast, I have literally replaced everything on the Outcast, some parts upwards of 4 times. It would be easier to tell you what I haven't replaced on the Outcast, front shock tower(it's bent and needs to be replaced), esc, battery tray, roll cage, steering & camber links, front top plate, wing mount barrel things and rear hubs. Everything else is either aftermarket or has been replaced at least once.

Yeah, I see all these guys saying 1/5 or nothing, and I LOL. Mini's are just so much fun, so cheap, and if you get a good one, they make a great grab-n-go RC. And 30-45 minute run time on a $12 lipo is nice too... :)

Ordered all the parts to turn the Valor into a Soar like a month ago and they finally showed up today. Started with the body, wanted something different. Now that it is done I'm thinking that I either should have gone with a few more coats of the white or started with the blue instead. And I just realized I forgot to paint the wing.
NtcskU3h.jpg

uYTprnIh.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I see all these guys saying 1/5 or nothing, and I LOL. Mini's are just so much fun, so cheap, and if you get a good one, they make a great grab-n-go RC. And 30-45 minute run time on a $12 lipo is nice too... :)
The Truggy only gets about 10-15 min out of the 1700mah 20c 2s. I picked up some 2200mah 40c 2s lipos hopefully "88a" is enough for that power system. The 2200mah 30c lipo that came with the truggy I get like 15-20 min. But those 1700mah 20c packs last like 20-25 min in the MT.

And I forgot I did this. I might get either some Duratrax Lockup 2.2 ST tires or some Proline 2.2 Trenchers.
tJz52Qnh.jpg

Also replaced the truggy tires with some 2.2 rear knockoff badlands.

VNqZFXth.jpg

Back