Tacon Valor/LC Racing EMB-TGH

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I want to get myself something for my birthday but I cannot decide on what I should get.
1/5th scale? Losi DBXL or DBXL-E?
Nitro? Traxxas Revo 3.3 or Hobao Hyper 7?
Stadium truck? Team Associated RC10T4.3 or Hpi Firestorm Flux?
1/14 scale? Tacon Thriller or Tacon Valor or Tacon Soar or LC Racing EMB-TGH?
1/10 Monster truck? Arrma Granite 4x4 3S BLX or Team Redcat TR-10MTE?
1/8 buggy? Arrma Typhon or Hobao Hyper VSe 80% roller?
I'm way too indecisive and I know my list is all over the place.

Also looking for something cheap, $150 or less, 1/10 scale and 4wd for my nephew. It has to be able to survive a 12 year old autistic child who understands how to steer the truck, but he still has a tendency to run into things, he gets distracted by stuff sometimes, but hasn't quite mastered throttle control.

Thanks in advance guys.
Slick, i have exactly the same problem. Good to read though i am not the only one!
Got some cash to burn on a new toy. Been looking for months and can't decide, there is just too much fun stuff:

The new FG E-Marder, Losi DBXL-e, Tekno ET48.3 or MT410, Baja Flux (used), Mugen MBX7TR eco, X-Ray XT8E, another Arrma, DJI Mavic Air or Platinum Pro or a new wife ;)

I only know what i don't want and that's a Traxxas...did you already figure it out?

And happy birthday!

Slick, i have exactly the same problem. Good to read though i am not the only one!
Got some cash to burn on a new toy. Been looking for months and can't decide, there is just too much fun stuff:

The new FG E-Marder, Losi DBXL-e, Tekno ET48.3 or MT410, Baja Flux (used), Mugen MBX7TR eco, X-Ray XT8E, another Arrma, DJI Mavic Air or Platinum Pro or a new wife ;)

I only know what i don't want and that's a Traxxas...did you already figure it out?

And happy birthday!
I'm going with the LC Racing EMB-TGH.

It uses shorty battery packs. .... .. I've been following the 4x4 Stadium truck thread on rctech.net since day 1.

Let's hope the 4s Kraton drops soon, then we can run it 2 or 3s and enjoy not breaking too many things at 2 or 3s.

I had one of them and sold it lol check out kyosho monster tracker 129 shipped I just pick one up its cheap

UPS dropped me off a nice package today.

It is bigger than the Ecx Ruckus 1/18 and smaller than the Mini E Revo. It has more adjustablity than the Ruckus or the Merv. I gave it a quick one over and the battery tray might be an issue. The batteries I bought fit the battery tray just fine, they are a tad short so it doesn't sit in the tray all of the way, and I can see it hitting the center drive shaft. Other than a boody post being put on a little cock eyed nothing else I can see.

This thing looks really nice and offers a quite a lot for the price, especially when compared to other minis. Most other minis in this price range come with plastic everything and not much for adjustments, 2 in 1 esc/receivers, bushings everywhere, tires without foams and plastic driveshafts.
H42KSlRl.jpg

uL9uutBl.jpg

f00Y04Zl.jpg

Qpvkt5Bl.jpg

JGsIGIDl.jpg

UPS dropped me off a nice package today.

It is bigger than the Ecx Ruckus 1/18 and smaller than the Mini E Revo. It has more adjustablity than the Ruckus or the Merv. I gave it a quick one over and the battery tray might be an issue. The batteries I bought fit the battery tray just fine, they are a tad short so it doesn't sit in the tray all of the way, and I can see it hitting the center drive shaft. Other than a boody post being put on a little cock eyed nothing else I can see.

This thing looks really nice and offers a quite a lot for the price, especially when compared to other minis. Most other minis in this price range come with plastic everything and not much for adjustments, 2 in 1 esc/receivers, bushings everywhere, tires without foams and plastic driveshafts.
H42KSlRl.jpg

uL9uutBl.jpg

f00Y04Zl.jpg

Qpvkt5Bl.jpg

JGsIGIDl.jpg
Let us know how you like it after you get some runtime on it. The thing looks really nice, regardless of the price. I would be interested in selling my 1/16 revo and getting one of those.

I got mine today

Attachments

• 0818181439.jpg
    0818181439.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 114
Let us know how you like it after you get some runtime on it. The thing looks really nice, regardless of the price. I would be interested in selling my 1/16 revo and getting one of those.
I always hear good things about the brushless models. I'm going to get the truggy pro kit here soon. From my understanding the body on the Tacons are usually the worst part about them, I have been told that they are made out of pvc instead of lexan, but the one I have feels like lexan how do I tell the difference between pvc and lexan?
Also I found the pinion was a little too far down the motor shaft, and I'm pretty sure the shocks aren't full.

Last edited:
I always hear good things about the brushless models. I'm going to get the truggy pro kit here soon. From my understanding the body on the Tacons are usually the worst part about them, I have been told that they are made out of pvc instead of lexan, but the one I have feels like lexan how do I tell the difference between pvc and lexan?
Also I found the pinion was a little too far down the motor shaft, and I'm pretty sure the shocks aren't full.
You say that its smaller than the 1/16 Revo. How much smaller than the Revo is it? Do you have a mini Revo to put it next to? I also like that it comes with what looks to be like knockoff Trencher tires. I can deal with the shocks being low and the pinion being misaligned and minor things like that as long as it's got the quality and it's a durable machine.

I was looking more into them and was curious if I should look at the brushed model and upgrade it or the brushless model. I haven't looked to see if the motor and esc are the only differences or not. I'm also interested in that 1/14 Truggy kit that you linked earlier.

You say that its smaller than the 1/16 Revo. How much smaller than the Revo is it? Do you have a mini Revo to put it next to? I also like that it comes with what looks to be like knockoff Trencher tires. I can deal with the shocks being low and the pinion being misaligned and minor things like that as long as it's got the quality and it's a durable machine.

I was looking more into them and was curious if I should look at the brushed model and upgrade it or the brushless model. I haven't looked to see if the motor and esc are the only differences or not. I'm also interested in that 1/14 Truggy kit that you linked earlier.

Unfortunately I no longer have the Ecx Ruckus or the Mini E Revo, but it is maybe like an inch or 2 shorter and an inch narrower than the revo.

Start with the brushless version instead of starting with the brushed and upgrading to the brushless, they are completely different trucks, brushless model has aluminum chassis, aluminum shocks, aluminum shock towers, different diffs and slipper clutch.

Last edited:
Back