T MAXX squat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenMax

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
If you have ever drove a T maxx Then you know the ass and likes to sag down under acceleration pretty good despite having spring spacers. I recently installed the Hot Racing 100mm big bore shocks with dual rate springs and Losi 32.5wt oil. I wantedto keep that stock plush feel but just increase it a little bit., and with these new springs that should be a little stiffer than stock on small bumps, and then a decent amount stiffer as they become compressed for jumps and what not, but still deliver that plush bottomless feel. Anybody have any tips or tricks for lessening the ass and sag while still keeping down you’re spring preload? I was thinking of trying a swaybar kit but don’t want to loose my articulation the truck was built around.

sway bar kit wont stop rear sag.. it will handle a tad better on hard turns under speed.. only thing you can do is put a more weighty shock oil in it. I have 65wt in rear in mine with 35wt in front still get a little sag about 1/2"

Bottom line is the rear is heavier, so you just have to find the best combo of preload or stiffer springs to offset the engine weight.

I never
sway bar kit wont stop rear sag.. it will handle a tad better on hard turns under speed.. only thing you can do is put a more weighty shock oil in it. I have 65wt in rear in mine with 35wt in front still get a little sag about 1/2"

I guess I could go a bit heavier in the rear. Maybe I’ll go slight like a 40-50wt to keep as much plushness as possible. I was tweaking things today with he spring adjustments, haven’t drove it yet but we shall see!

I got the HPE Rustlers to handle like Tron Carts by moving anything and everything possible to the front end. ESC, Treasure Box, Engine Sound Box, whatever you can. Add some ballast weight if necessary.