Sway Bar kit benefits?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JettaManDan

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I scored a sway bar kit for my Revo on ebay with some other stuff i needed. Wondering if any of you guys have installed it and if it did any good for you? i just bash, no racing, but no matter how i set the preload on the shocks i either get a big a$$ up under braking and an unstable turn, or the truck squats low and turns soft...anybody like the kit for just all around fun? Worth the install? TIA

Dan

less traction roll,better handling on smother surfaces and at higher speeds.Less articulation through the rough stuff though.

With all that said Chaos, you forgot to add, that the overall effect is much better and more consistent handling.

The only issue i have with any sway bar kit is getting the adjustment right. Also, it seems that there is only one diameter of sway bar for the revo, which limits tuning capability of the sway bar/shock spring/shock oil combo to gain the best balance.

Other than that, it is definately worth fitting the sway bars.
In relation to the ass up nose down pitching of the revo , you can actually maker & fit travel limiters to limit upwards travel of the chassis (suspension drop in reality)under braking.

Stopping rear end squat however, requires setting up the rear end suspension a little stiffer than you would think neccesary. whilst this is acheived by switching out springs and shock oil and adjusting the preload (whilst avoiding a nose down attitude), this tends to be a little bit of an angry bear to sort out when starting from scratch. It may also mean switching out rockers and pushrods to reach a level chassis front to rear. It sounds like a lot of A$$ing around, but the handling benefits far outweigh the time involved in getting the rig set the right way.

Just my :2cents: worth.

thanks for the info..i may try the set i have....once i get my rig back up and running

let us know how you get on.

As an aside and to save having to drill the rockers (as directed to do so), there is a rather simple way around this issue........................

All you need is two longer bolts, 2 pivot balls to suit and two longer turnbuckles.

In short, remove the bolt that goes through the rocker where the shock end is mounted to the rocker, replacing the bolt with a longer one that ALSO has the pivot ball on it. next, connect the ball end to the newly positioned pivot ball and all you then have to do is fit the longer turnbuckle and no more fears about breaking rockers, especially since the force is directed from/to the point at which the shock mounts to the rocker.

Hope this helps, as its a fix/trick i used on my Revo 2.5 that worked well until i removed the sway bars altogether in favour of a different setup utilising two shocks each side at the rear end (still testing this dual shock MOD).

As i have mention the drilling of the rockers, i would recommend that you also read THIS thread (an old thread that i have added the above content to also).

Last edited:
Get the Tekno sway bar kit as opposed to the Traxxas version. The install is much easier and it works flawlessly.

already have the Traxxas one..so gotta use it...

Back