Super rooster question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hello everyone. So I have a super rooster reversible nova I'm shure classic but I can't find much info well no info about it. The main thing is that I would like to know is it waterproof? i have heard it is but looking at it I'm really not to shure.
16236776395301411304913638660685.jpg

It is not. I dont think any vintage electronics were waterproofed or at least it was rare if they were. I know back 8-12 years ago we had to do all of our own waterproofing of electronics.

I would not put a $ 134.00 ESC in water ,that was what they cost back then ,that was a high
power ESC an could handle 14.4 volts ,I had one in the day for a MT that I ran two 7.2
battery packs!..:cool:

It is not. I dont think any vintage electronics were waterproofed or at least it was rare if they were. I know back 8-12 years ago we had to do all of our own waterproofing of electronics.
I ended up with this one by accident. Since then I heard they were really good atleast they were anyway. Mine is in good shape but I have to put different wire ends on and shrink tube them. I like the part where the reverse lights come on when backing up. Well thanks I didn't think so but someone told me it was so I figured I would ask before I went submarine with my rc truck.

I would not put a $ 134.00 ESC in water ,that was what they cost back then ,that was a high
power ESC an could handle 14.4 volts ,I had one in the day for a MT that I ran two 7.2
battery packs!..:cool:
Do you remember what year they come out with that model? Since I have added it I haven't had the chance to drive it but I can't wait to give it a go. Vintage woohoo honestly if it's like everything else from back then it's build tough unlike the crap these days.

Do you remember what year they come out with that model? Since I have added it I haven't had the chance to drive it but I can't wait to give it a go. Vintage woohoo honestly if it's like everything else from back then it's build tough unlike the crap these days.

The Novak brand was top of the line stuff ,they even cleaned up Traxxas's mess with their ESC's!.. :thumbs-up:

The Novak brand was top of the line stuff ,they even cleaned up Traxxas's mess with their ESC's!.. :thumbs-up:
Traxxas's mess with their ESCs? What mess did they have and how did Novak help them? You have piqued my curiosity sir :)

Traxxas's mess with their ESCs? What mess did they have and how did Novak help them? You have piqued my curiosity sir :)

Back in the day ,Traxxas put out junk ESC's in their E-Maxx ,Novak helped them out an took care
of their issues for them ,the Team Novak helped them out an Traxxas sh!t on HPI ,that is the real
reason they are hated ,they are hypocrite an is not for the hobby ,they are in it for theirselves!..🤮

Back in the day ,Traxxas put out junk ESC's in their E-Maxx ,Novak helped them out an took care
of their issues for them ,the Team Novak helped them out an Traxxas sh!t on HPI ,that is the real
reason they are hated ,they are hypocrite an is not for the hobby ,they are in it for theirselves!..🤮
So before Castle saved them it was Novak. Interesting...

the velineon at first was castle based, whether they still are or if traxxas outright bought their blueprints or made their own i am unsure.
most of the early velineon had "powered by castle" molded into the motors plastic.

Novak has been around since 1978!...

If I had to guess Id say mid to late 90s
Not to old. When I looked on line I found one for sail and it said vintage so I thought it would be older then that.

Novak has been around since 1978!...
oh i know, been around forever and good quality stuff, brother in law had a Super Rooster brushless crawler esc and motor, and i had a brushed Novak esc, until they finally died, was just meaning that traxxas had rebadged or at least had castle make/design their electronics as well after Novak was out.

oh i know, been around forever and good quality stuff, brother in law had a Super Rooster brushless crawler esc and motor, and i had a brushed Novak esc, until they finally died, was just meaning that traxxas had rebadged or at least had castle make/design their electronics as well after Novak was out.
Yup the old original brusheless E-Revo and the brushless E-Maxx both came with Castle Mamba Monster escs and Castle Creations motors. Now all of Traxxas's motors and escs are done in house.