Super distracted

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Trying to keep myself busy today, but hard to stay focused, today is Mrs. Dooms surgery. I dropped her off at 9am, they don't let you wait in the hospital, thanks again Covid. At 2:00 I got an automated text saying she went into surgery, her surgery is supposed to be three to four hours then an hour or two of recovery before I get a call to pick her up. Anxious is an understatement, Mrs. Doom is the center of my life. I puttered a little but hard to stay focused.

I will be so relieved when I can get her home.

Trying to keep myself busy today, but hard to stay focused, today is Mrs. Dooms surgery. I dropped her off at 9am, they don't let you wait in the hospital, thanks again Covid. At 2:00 I got an automated text saying she went into surgery, her surgery is supposed to be three to four hours then an hour or two of recovery before I get a call to pick her up. Anxious is an understatement, Mrs. Doom is the center of my life. I puttered a little but hard to stay focused.

Hope all goes well for you guys. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

I know the feeling. Hope all goes well.

Be strong Bro and good vibes headed your way for a fast recovery for the Mrs.

Hope everything works out well for you and your family. Please keep us posted on her progress.

I got her home about 9:00 last night, 12 hours after I dropped her off. She was still a little loopy but doing ok. This morning she says she doesn't have any pain from the incisions or stitches, but she has a catheter that is killing her. She is supposed to have it in until Friday, but she's already saying no way, it's coming out today. So she is feisty as ever. ;)
She is a tough one, and I am very happy to have her home. She is supposed to be home for three weeks, light duty.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I was a bigger mess than she is.

I got her home about 9:00 last night, 12 hours after I dropped her off. She was still a little loopy but doing ok. This morning she says she doesn't have any pain from the incisions or stitches, but she has a catheter that is killing her. She is supposed to have it in until Friday, but she's already saying no way, it's coming out today. So she is feisty as ever. ;)
She is a tough one, and I am very happy to have her home. She is supposed to be home for three weeks, light duty.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I was a bigger mess than she is.
Bro, you missed your opportunity to ask her to turn the pool into a rock quarry while she was all doped up😁

Last edited:
Bro, you missed your opportunity to ask her to turn the pool into a rock quarry while she was all doped up😁
Funny you say that, when we had to get it resurfaced, I got her to think about filling it in, the price was triple what it cost to get it resurfaced. Thing that sucks is now that it's hot, her doc says no swimming for eight weeks, pretty much the end of swim season. :doh::doh::doh:

Good to hear the wife is home & feisty 👍💪

Update: today she got her catheter out, night and day difference. Doc gave her an all clear, super relieved. Once again guys, thanks for listening, it means a lot. 😍
That’s great to hear. 😎

Thanks for asking, She is doing much, much better. She already feels better than before the surgery. Got rid of the sharp pain she has had since last October. She is still a little sore and is on light duty until the end of the month. Only allowed to lift items 10lb.s or less, and no swimming or bath tub ( shower ok) I think that's probably because of the dissolving stitches. But she can drive again, and is back at work. I think she was getting cabin fever. Best of all she's cooking again! Well except tonight. ;)

Last edited: