Suggestion on nitro rc truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello I'm new to the site. I am looking to buy a nitro monster truck for playing with my young next door neighbor. I am looking just to bash it around, probaly jump alot just normal around the house stuff. And i can't make up my mind what to get. I have played with a Tmaxx and liked it, felt it was a little to weak on the durability side. Back when i was younger Associated were at the top. And i like the MGT and looked at a Savage, Waht are everyones suggestyion o what to go with? I'm sure this question has been asked a million times. Thanks for the help.

i would go with the savage x 4.6.Very good basher and good at jumps.If you have the money you could also buy the losi lst2 or the losi lst xxl.Any choice you make is a good one.Heres a list from 1-5

1.Savage x 4.6(bashing, jumping)45+mph
2.Losi lst xxl(bashing jumping)50+mph
3.Revo 3.3(bashing jumping racing)45+mph
4.losi lst2(jumping,Bashing)unknown speed
5.team Associated mgt 8.0(jumping, bashing) unknown speed

hope this helps=p:D

My list of those would be more like this:

1.Savage XL (vs the X 4.6)(bashing, jumping)45+mph
2.losi lst2(jumping,Bashing)unknown speed
3.team Associated mgt 8.0(jumping, bashing) unknown speed
4.Losi lst xxl(bashing jumping)50+mph
5.Revo 3.3(bashing jumping racing)45+mph

Never had 3 or 4 but have had the rest. For hardcore bashing, knowing what I know now, choosing between the LST2 and savage would be hard for me. Which is why I have both now. ;)

I've had a maxx, upgraded to BB maxx (upgraded everything on it to make it durable... failed), revo 2.5, revo 3.3, upgraded to BB revo, XTM mammoth, couple 1/8 buggies, old school 21 savage, old savage with longer TVP's, heavily modified aftershock and a few stadium 2wd and 4wd 1/10 trucks.

I now only have an extended savage 21, aftershock and jato. All three are fun and good for what I do.

The only reason I put the savage first is because you can get a 3-speed trans for it (the XL may come with one) and this helps a lot when your wanting to go slow, but still want to go fast periodically. Mine has it and I really like it. It's a PITA to get it set right for shifting, but once you do, it's a nice feature to have that very few rigs even offer.

olds97...the pro =p

listen to him not me =p

The other thing you want to make sure of before you buy, is that your local hobby shop (lhs) carries parts for the truck you're planning on buying.

I have a REVO 3.3 and i love it. The only problem i have had with it is that i broke a front A arm when i was first learning to drive it. I have even tried to break it by hitting a pine tree in my front yard at 3/4 throttle, it just used it as a ramp and did a back flip. So i have no complaints, i would say definitely get a temp gun when you buy one, i didnt have one and i had problems getting mine to run right, once i got the temp gun i figured out it was way to rich. I was running it at about 180 degrees once i got it tuned it runs at about 270 and runs like a scalded dog. haha

yea i need a temp gun.... although i think i got mine running about right without 1 :) never know

I think I'm leaning towards the savage. I realy like the associated. The hobby shop that i would be dealing with stocks parts for both. And from what i see everyone stocks parts for traxxas but i real like the savage and associated better. They just seem better built. I'm sure i might get my head bit off for saying that. But in the end i am sure i would be happy with any of the trucks we have spoken about and the 6 year old i m buying this for will be happy with any of them. And I'm only using him as an excuse for me to buy one. LOL. Thanks for all the help

I think i have finaly made my mind up and am going to pick up the Savage. Now what else should i buy when i go to get it? I already have 2 temp guns. But what should i get for basic toosl and supplies or even spare parts to go along with it so i dont have to run back and forth to the hobby shop. Thanks for the help.

Maybe glow plugs, center axles and heavier than stock shock oil. Would have to look at a manual to figure out what stock runs. Been to long for me to remember and I'm not even sure if the XL or X runs something different or not. I'm running 40 weight in mine right now with black springs and really like it for bashing.

Back