Stupid pitbulls and their owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
truthseeker said:
hey 4u2nv, can you make zandor some graphics for his car? you know, to say:

ZANDOR'S EXTERMINATION SERVICE​
"WE KILL 'EM YOU GRILL 'EM"

HANDLING PIT BULLS, POSSUMS, COYOTES, AND GOATS
REASONABLE RATES!
1.800.4HAMMER​

LMFAO...Nice very nice

Wow, I'm reallyu surprised at some of the reactions in this thread, I expected many "my wife, maybe, my pitbull, NEVER!" reactions, which is what you usually see when this topic comes up. Last I saw it, it was centered over the city-wide ban on pitbulls in Denver, CO. You literally had to bring your pit in for extermination or provide proof you no longer had it. People went insane.

Here's one article - I had no idea it was going on so long (1989!) Another.

I have known a few pits that were gentle and unagressive throughout their lifetime, but who knows, maybe no one ever flipped their "switch." I know some dogs DO have a "switch" - had a shepherd once that was gentle as a baby until he smelled male dog, then it was like he was on angel dust, no amount of hollering, kicking, or beating would pull him off the other dog. As soon as it was out of site, gentle as a pup again. Animals are weird.

SVORay said:
I've never been a pit ( It's actualy name is = American Staffordshire Terrior ) fan my self but it's a shame how these dogs has been done.

Yes, and no. The American Staffordshire Terrier, and the British Staffordshire Terrier do get called pit bulls, and pit bull bans tend to extend to them, as well. But, a true pit bull is an American Pit Bull Terrier.

From what I've read at dogbreedinfo.com all three are generally firendly, and like people. The Pits have an inate agression towards other dogs, but if they're socialized when they're puppies, it doesn't develope. The Pits are supposed to have an uncanny ability to tell when they need to protect their owners, or their owner's property. The Staffs, especially the British Staffs, are suppposed to be great with Children.

I've never had any first hand experience with any of these breeds. There was a loose Pit Bull running around here a while back, that was really friendly. The owners came looking for it later the same day, and got it back. I haven't seen it since, and I'm assuming that the escape was not a common occurence.

Back