Stressful Kyosho!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonycomer

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm very new to the whole nitro rc cars but i have been reading almost every thread on this site to learn about them, my car is just problem after problem, last night i had it out, and it wouldnt idle atall, adjusted the needle to 1mm, and tryed all the other stuff advised on here (hsn, lsn) but it jus WON'T idle, just either cuts out or shoots off? help me please people :)

thanks in advance, Anthony

yeah the engine is sealed its 1 year old been running fine for a few weeks now its started playing up, also the glow starter is fully charged i usually give it a good charge before every use. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

anthony

How's the fuel lines? Are they showing lots of bubbles? Are they snug to the fittings?

Sent from my smartass phone

yeah the engine is sealed its 1 year old been running fine for a few weeks now its started playing up, also the glow starter is fully charged i usually give it a good charge before every use. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

anthony

Here are some things to look at;

Take off the head and look at the top of the piston. If it is a nice brown you are OK. However if it looks sandblasted then you are detonating and need to look at;
- conrod - a worn rod will cause detonation
- rear engine bearing - a worn bearing will cause detonation
- the removal of any of the head shims will cause detonation

If you are uncomfortable rebuilding the engine, then a new engine may be your best option.

Lee