starts but wont keep going

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon101

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently was given a smartech nitro on/road 4wd car it has been running fairly well, until I broke the exhaust to muffler pipe. I replaced it and now it will start and rev for a while(between 5 and 20 seconds) then dies. I have changed the plug, cleaned the carb, refaced and resealed the exhaust manifold. the only thong I suspect is the seal on the fuel tank is not 100% sealed how important is this seal.
Any help would be great as I am a Nitro virgin
Simon 101 :angry:

the fuel tank must be properly sealed,when you run the car,look at the fuel line,f there are bubbles that flow through the line with the fuel,that could indicate a fuel tank leak or a fuel line leak.this might not be a definite sign that it leaking but it could indicate it is.Completely seal the tank and check the fuel line,it might be worth running the car and see if it has bubbles going through the line.

I"ll try this in the morning neighbors don't share the love of nitro-methane:p:

tried it
not really any signs of bubbles in line
but it starts easier after I prime the carb

does it go that the more you prime it,the longer it lasts and i dont know if your meant to do this but if when you start it,you give it a steady stream of fuel straight into the carb using a syringe for example,can you keep it going for as long as you give it fuel,if so it would probably suggest it is leaking

I'll try the syringe thing and let you know

spent all day messing with it took it all apart and put it back together again.
IT WAS THE GASKET FOR THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD. IT WAS PARTIALLY BLOCKING THE OUTLET AND FLOODING THE ENGINE
YEE HA ALL DAY TOMORROW TO BUGGER IT UP AGAIN LOL