Starting problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey. I have savage x. I took motor out to swap out bearing for roto start. Put engine back in. Kinda having two problems.
I can start it and its running hit trigger and stalls.
Start it and it seem to rev at high rpm

Hey. I have savage x. I took motor out to swap out bearing for roto start. Put engine back in. Kinda having two problems.
I can start it and its running hit trigger and stalls.
Start it and it seem to rev at high rpm

Is that the 5.9 engine?

No it's the. 28

If it is an Hpi engine with the black plastic finger cover HSN needle ,then there should be a groove notched
in the brass housing that it screws into on the carb ,the bottom of that plastic needle screw should be adjusted
up to that groove!
The mix meter adjustment screw is on the side of the carb ,that is the fat brass screw ,it should be adjusted to
flush of the housing!

The LSN setting is inside the throttle lever body ,that one ,I can't remember what I have mine set at ,but can
go look at my 5.9 an see for you ,it maybe at flush as well!

Now ,I do have the Axial 28 's ,they are basicly the same as the Hpi engines an share the same oneway
starter bearing inside the engine ,I can give you my settings on those in which they are set as flush!

They run very well at those sets!...:cool:

Your symptoms sound like your engine is starving for fuel ,also can look at your glow plug to see what
is happening ,if the plug filament inside looks crispy an burnt ,then your engine is running too lean!

If you are having problems with the roto start or the pull start watch this video. It's on my new YouTube channel.
Maybe subscribe if you find it helpfull

That is how I start my Os cvr 18 in my rc10 ,however ,that bearing will sometimes fly out of the socket ,so you
will have to just keep an eye out where it might land or stay on the shaft an it fall off some where else an get lost!

That is how I start my Os cvr 18 in my rc10 ,however ,that bearing will sometimes fly out of the socket ,so you
will have to just keep an eye out where it might land or stay on the shaft an it fall off some where else an get lost!
Yes that does happen but I just use a little magnet and pull out the bearing after it starts to run