Starter for old Kyosho impacta

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerwiser

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has a simple way for me to start this buggy. One guy at the hobby shop said it was to be used with a starter box and I was wondering if there is a way to use my airplane/ heli starters. I have enough starters and really don't want to by more, and from my understanding the new buggies use a wand or recoil. This is my first ground based vehicle and am just testing the waters to see if I like it:). So basically I want to keep it cheap and simple just to make sure I like it.

Cheers
Ted

Only thing i could think of is figure some way to fit the rubber wheel from a starter box on to one of your airplane starters, seems like it would be more trouble than its worth IMO, I'm not sure what engine is on it but they might make a pull start for it.

It has an OS 20 on it, not sure on the year though. I was thinking the same thing is to fit a wheel on the starter, but I don't know how hard of a rubber would be needed.

i would just buy a replacement for any of the bump boxes, they should be hard enough to start it, but for less money you could put a pull start on it and be done with it.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Can you post some pics of the car?

Here are some pics of the buggy. I never thought of trying to get a replacement rubber for the bump box, that would probably be the easiest:), I am also going to look into a pull start which would be my preference depending on price of course. Thanks for the help tmaxxfreek.

Attachments

• IMG_0132s.jpg
    IMG_0132s.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0133s.jpg
    IMG_0133s.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0134s.jpg
    IMG_0134s.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 123
from the looks of it, it should work, not sure how well but it should work.

Back