Starter box issues.............

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wat bout pullstarts solly??????????? had 2 of them fail on me already in no time at all.......so obviously I'm havin no luck full stop with this bloody buggy but ill keep on goin n hopefully get to have some fun with it..... its been off the road more then on the road which bloody sucks..... but i can see the future fun once i get it all sorted n all sweet..............and i can't wait cos its been a long time in the making...........URGHHHHHH

What you can do is make a wiring harness that plugs in where the batteries normally do and run that to alligator clips to the car batter. You may need to drill a hole in the starter box to accommodate the wires. I once tried a 10A 14V power supply and it just bogged down and wouldn't start the motor.

About the pullstart, give it short quick pulls. Pull the starter out a little to give it pretension so you aren't putting huge stress on it from a jerky pull. Over pulling is a big issue to, the string will just rip out. Lastly pull straight from the pull start housing, pulling at an angle causes the string to fray, which also damages and possibly breaks it.

thanx 65535 ill have to give it a go with the battery n clips........ as for the pul start..........i dont have one anymore cos I'm using the starter box........