Started cleaning out the course area.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucifur10

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Boating
So I got motivated and started cleaning up the area I think will work. It's about 12 ft x 25 ft with some nice topography. Nice 2 ft rise at one point. I'm thinking of 2 inch pea stone for a base. Two thoughts on that....one, it's fairly inexpensive and easy to move. Two..it may deter the local cats. I'm in the construction/landscape industry so getting materials is a no-brainer. More to come in the near future. Mixed thoughts on a water feature.

:nopics:

We enjoy seeing the entire progress, so let's see pics! IMO I would keep maintenance simple, so I would say skip the water feature. Spend your time and energy with stone and wood obstacles such as bridges.

What scale rigs will this course be mainly designed for?

Here's a pic, of a wooden bridge, from one of my 2 micro crawler courses on my property.
1129201607_Burst01.jpg

So I got motivated and started cleaning up the area I think will work. It's about 12 ft x 25 ft with some nice topography. Nice 2 ft rise at one point. I'm thinking of 2 inch pea stone for a base. Two thoughts on that....one, it's fairly inexpensive and easy to move. Two..it may deter the local cats. I'm in the construction/landscape industry so getting materials is a no-brainer. More to come in the near future. Mixed thoughts on a water feature.
I too am in that work, just hung my km91 up! I take all the rocks I can too! Water feature is a must.

Mixed thoughts on a water feature.

If you can use a recirculating pump It might be kind of cool to have a running creek with pea gravel on the bottom to keep the mud down. I haven't waterproofed any of my rigs so it would be a no no for me.

If you can use a recirculating pump It might be kind of cool to have a running creek with pea gravel on the bottom to keep the mud down. I haven't waterproofed any of my rigs so it would be a no no for me.
I like!
20231125_161811.jpg

Last edited:
Rock on. 🤣 Looking great so far. Only thing missing is some crawlers.

Back