Just can't get enough of these Traxxas Villain IV boats

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guy's :) .

I've went & done it again. I just can't seem to get enough of these Traxxas villain boats :biggrin: . I know I got out of the hobby primarily but I thought I'd still be nice to have a boat or two to dabble with on occasion . I finally went and bought myself a really nice Venom King of Shaves V.2 twin because I've always wanted one since I drooled on one at my local HobbyTown when they were new.

Well I recently finished getting the ekos set up and ready to run once I'm back on my feet, and I'm almost done setting up my new exceed MaxStone 8 crawler as a 3s multi-purpose Trail rig and that got me to thinking that it would be nice to have another Traxxas Villain project to work over and setup that I might even make a trailer for to pull behind my MaxStone so I went on the search for one.

I didn't realize how rare the villain boats are getting since I bought my last villain let alone how hard it's getting to find a really good deal on one. The first two places I checked where the classifieds at RC Tech and RC Universe only to find out that neither one of them has had a villain listed since the last one that came up for sell at RC Tech and few years ago which I purchased. Then I checked with eBay and figured out why. Apparently Traxxas villains in really nice condition have been selling for a mint compared to what they use to sell for. I did find one I was interested in on eBay but I decided to pass on it because $160 was a little much IMO. I put my googlefu to use which led me to several that were for sale on Craigslist in a couple different states so I started making some phone calls to inquire about them which finally led me to this all original Villain IV Chaparral from the mid to early 80's that I got for $100 shipped.

The gentleman I bought it from decided to tear it apart so he could strip it down and repaint it but he didn't get any farther than taking it almost completely apart before he sat it aside. Thankfully he had all the parts and all the original nuts bolts and screws to to put it back together again. It also came with a pair of vintage Trinity monster horsepower 1987 World Finals 40,000k motors which I definitely plan on installing in the boat. The boat had a couple years of dust setting on it (literally) and the ABS plastic might be a little yellow but it's not brittle or cracked anywhere. I gave it a real good douching with some furniture polish and it cleaned it right up and conditioned the ABS nicely. Overall even though it's a 35 some year old boat it's in really nice shape and will make a worthy villain project boat :) ...

tmp-cam-242427816.jpg
tmp-cam-1633250489.jpg
tmp-cam-540909907.jpg
tmp-cam-2078264971.jpg
tmp-cam-2121827774.jpg

I love those old Traxxas units. I had a Nitro Vee that was super heavy. Nitro powered but electric start and electric power to get it back to shore when the Nitro ran out. Sharp looking ɓoat, kinda "Miami Vice" vibe to it.

Nice boat

I have the full size and a matching mini me ;)

villain-1.jpg

villain-3.jpg

villain-4.jpg

Back