stampede or rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCKDFX4

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys I'm looking to get my 16 yr old nephew a rc truck for christmas. i was looking at getting either the stampede or rustler for him.He loves my t-maxx so thats why I'm leaning towards the stampede b/c its a monster truck and we both are all that into the stadium truck look. he has no experience w/ rc's so I'm not gettin anything too complicated, and i dont wanna spend anymore than $200 on everything which includes the battery pack and charger. so i was wondering which one you guys recomend. thanks in advance.

stampede will handle more terrain than the rustler

well if your only looking to spend $200 then that would only buy the truck. depending on wich battery and charger you get the lowest you would be spending for everything is about $280 to $300

oh where do you live? the lowest I've seen them is $170 at all the near by hobby shops

hmm well i guess i should have looked online i paid $189 for mine and thats the price of all the other hobby shops just about

yeah i dont honestly care about the price as long as the ppl are nice and willing to help( i have an attention span of a 4 yr old lol) but i hate going to the hobby shop and everybody is grumpy and not wanting to help. thats pretty much all of the super major hobby stores tho. the little stores that are owned and run by one or two ppl that are actually into the hobby are the ones i like. they are always so friendly and most of the time will lower the price a bit if you dont have enough money lol (puppy dog eyes wrok for that lol)

Lets see what we can do

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNJJ0**&P=ML
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTCJ9&P=7
IMO you need two packs
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTJH3&P=0

With only one pack it adds up to $210.97

Tower is giving $20.00 off of this purchase (see front page of site) So it's now $190.97....Spend the extra $20.00 for the second battery!

Tower is also offering free shipping on all web orders over $99.00, and it is usable with all other discounts (see front page of site)

It's not top of the like stuff but it's a very good start into the hobby (better than I had) and everything should give him nice service.

dang i shoulve went there. i paid $310 for the truck, a crappy super brain charger and a racers edge 3600 batt lol

get the pede i seen one brushless on a 3 cell and it was crazy fast just ask alpinelol

yea i called my the hobby shop where i bought my maxx and the said for the rustler which is 159 it would cost 225 out the door battery, charger and tax

rustler breaks easy and it never stays on the ground

i talk to my hobby shop today and they said to go rustler its the same suspension as the pede, so the clearence in the grass and stuff wldnt, b/c i figured the in thick grass being elec. it wld bog it down and run down the battery quicker. and the pede is a wheelie machine

My oldest son started off with a Stampede when he was three, great little truck! Now he's 8 and has moved on to a T-Maxx and the Stampede has been handed down to my 4 year old son. They are really nice trucks for the money, have plenty of parts support, and easy to work on. I would definitely recommend them.

WCKDFX4 What the hell did you say?!!?! Seriously, take a few minutes to try real words, I could make no sense of your post.

that poop kills me!!!!lingual powned

My oldest son started off with a Stampede when he was three, great little truck! Now he's 8 and has moved on to a T-Maxx and the Stampede has been handed down to my 4 year old son. They are really nice trucks for the money, have plenty of parts support, and easy to work on. I would definitely recommend them.

WCKDFX4 What the hell did you say?!!?! Seriously, take a few minutes to try real words, I could make no sense of your post.

:hehe::wasted: my bad guys just got back from wing nite and I'm a pretty buzzed. here i fixed it

i talk to my hobby shop today and they said to go with rustler because its the same suspension as the pede, so the clearance in the grass and stuff wouldnt matter, b/c i figured the truck in thick grass being elec. it would bog it down and run the battery down quicker. and they also said pede is a wheelie machine

Back