Spur Gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbons

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What size is the stock t-maxx 2.5 spur gear, looking to go up a couple of teeth and just wondering what the best one would be. I have a 2.5 with a 3.3 engine, with 18t cb. I want more acceleration and torque, any advice would bill helpfull and very much appreciated, thanks.

From Kimbrough: Using a smaller tooth spur gear will give you higher speeds, and using a larger tooth spur gear will give you more torque.
So what you want is a spur gear with as many teeth as possible and a clutch bell with as few teeth. that would def make your ride have better acceleration but you will loose a bit of your top speed as a result. Remember though a tooth or so on the CB will make a bigger difference than a tooth or 2 on the spur gear.

With a 3.3 and 18/72 gearing... I can't really understand why you need more torque. that thing should be a wheelie monster!

Just mainly wanting lots of acceleration and torque, not really worried about wheelies even though it does it. Thanks for the advice everyone it is appreciated.

Back