Spektrum Firma 160A ESC LVC Setting Info

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been secretly wanting one of the smart batteries just to see what all the hype is. So I may just have to grab a second one. But more than likely I'll just use the mismatched batteries in the Granite since it is only 3s.
The smart battery is pretty crazy. Has a microchip in them for data technology..

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Content/ProductStatic/smart-technology/default.html

"Spektrum Smart Technology: Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology" https://www.spektrumrc.com/smarttechnology/

The smart battery is pretty crazy. Has a microchip in them for data technology..

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Content/ProductStatic/smart-technology/default.html

"Spektrum Smart Technology: Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology" https://www.spektrumrc.com/smarttechnology/
I will probably like it, but I ain't buying their damn charger. I finally got one I love after all these years and I ain't buyin another 😉

Who am I kidding. I need all the bells and whistles. I'll probably buy a charger too 🤬

Idk why I didn't think of this before, but you should have just cut out the middle man and went straight to Hobbywing and asked them what the LVC settings are supposed to cut out at on the Max6.
That makes a lot of sense. But like you I am confused by the 2.6v packs.

As for the C rating, I have never had a pack test true to it's advertised c rating. Some have been so far off I was mad enough to send them back.
The guy that made the lipo testing thread on Rc Groups had the same experience with Max Amps batteries, I would be flipping pissed as all hell to have spent $250 on a 6s lipo that turned out to be the worst performing 6s lipo battery on the planet, and he tested 2 of them!!

Idk why I didn't think of this before, but you should have just cut out the middle man and went straight to Hobbywing and asked them what the LVC settings are supposed to cut out at on the Max6.

The guy that made the lipo testing thread on Rc Groups had the same experience with Max Amps batteries, I would be flipping pissed as all hell to have spent $250 on a 6s lipo that turned out to be the worst performing 6s lipo battery on the planet, and he tested 2 of them!!
Yeah, I read through that post. That's crazy. I have used Max Amps batteries in my vapes before and never had any trouble with them. But I wouldn't buy them after reading that.

I didnt realize that Hobbywing was making the Spektrum stuff but looks like they are cuz its the same exact ESC. The HW manual at least gives some insight in to what the algorithm is trying to do for each setting. This is straight out of the MAX6 manual. Its lame cuz everytime I go from running some generic Zee or Hoovo brand lipos I need to set it on low but if I switch to soem higher quality SMC batts then I gotta bust out the programmer and switch the LVC to medium or high because they are much more capable lipos than the generics. smdh...

Thanks for the heads up on this Slick!

Capture.JPG

As for the MaxAmps packs, ppl been saying for years and years that MaxAmps aint worth the money you pay for em.

I didnt realize that Hobbywing was making the Spektrum stuff but looks like they are cuz its the same exact ESC. The HW manual at least gives some insight in to what the algorithm is trying to do for each setting. This is straight out of the MAX6 manual. Its lame cuz everytime I go from running some generic Zee or Hoovo brand lipos I need to set it on low but if I switch to soem higher quality SMC batts then I gotta bust out the programmer and switch the LVC to medium or high because they are much more capable lipos than the generics. smdh...

Thanks for the heads up on this Slick!

View attachment 131598

As for the MaxAmps packs, ppl been saying for years and years that MaxAmps aint worth the money you pay for em.

I posted a link to that rc groups thread on one of the Maxamps Facebook ads and asked them how it feels to be the biggest con artists in the rc community and they deleted it and blocked me from commenting on their posts 😂

I also remember not being able to say Maxamps on URC after they tried to burn Jang for showing how fake their c rates are.

And have you ever noticed how the world record speed runners never run Maxamps batteries? Most of them run Turnigy Graphene Panthers or SMC Racing packs.

I posted a link to that rc groups thread on one of the Maxamps Facebook ads and asked them how it feels to be the biggest con artists in the rc community and they deleted it and blocked me from commenting on their posts 😂

I also remember not being able to say Maxamps on URC after they tried to burn Jang for showing how fake their c rates are.

And have you ever noticed how the world record speed runners never run Maxamps batteries? Most of them run Turnigy Graphene Panthers or SMC Racing packs.
I'm gonna buy a maxamps one of these days to test and compare to my other lipos but that is further down the road.

posted a link to that rc groups thread on one of the Maxamps Facebook ads and asked them how it feels to be the biggest con artists in the rc community and they deleted it and blocked me from commenting on their posts
Man that's awesome.. that's like traxxas blocking and banning.. if you say anything negative about their electronics.. or the delete or take it down.. 🤣🤣🤣 its funny how they all don't like hearing the truth

truth hurts...... if you (supposedly) have a quality product, you should be transparent with proof.....open to testing ....

There I go thinking again.....

truth hurts...... if you (supposedly) have a quality product, you should be transparent with proof.....open to testing ....

There I go thinking again.....
100% agree and very true👍👍

Can't wait to see your testing results/ conclusions. They will be a interesting to see and read.
Who said anything or asked about batteries LVC?? And how did there answer become about a charging batteries or a charger??You were asking questions about the LVC on the 160amp esc.did they even read the question you were asking?. And the answers given from a so called "TOP RC company With Supreme customer service." That can only read the prompts that are in a book of Question & Responces. Or from the company question and answer hand book. Can the HH C/S put any sort of effort or knowledgeable based info into there answer/response. Other then putting blame on the customer. And what they have or did? HH answers were so vague/stupid/ and not even close to the question that was asked.. its so mind blowing. Too me 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

If a so called TOP RC COMPANY is going to hire people that have no fiddlesticking common sense and that give a stupid response or answer. Which is basic child common sense..."high is higher then medium and medium is higher then low and low is lower then medium".... or give a response that's totally not even on topic.... then YES they deserve to get called out and DOGGED.. When your not even close to topic and always think your rite. And everyone is doing something wrong.Because you dont do it or you didn't do it that way or hear about that way, or your way is best... OR NOT haven a sense of humor or don't know how to joke around and laugh. Well sorry... thats LAME!!!! Lighten up. Laugh. Don't be so serious all the time. Life is too short to always be up tight rite and serious 👍👍
Late to this dance,

But couldn't get a change from free shipping to faster paid,shipping and only a few hours between placing the order and requesting the modification from HH. Placed order like 3am and requested as soon as opened. "Sorry once labeled is made, no changes ", when pushed a little got the guys whole resume, "I've justxpast my 20th year at HH....." I congratulated him, and said, "had I known I would have sent him a gift"
Their service has gone down especially the AI
chat monkey's.