Spektrum DX5C, SR6100AT receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I purchased the above transmitter and receiver and it wont bind. HELP, what am I doing wrong? I went exactly by the book but no luck at all. Nothing in the troubleshooting section helps. Is there something I'm missing? The LEDs light up and flashes as its supposed to but I get nothing when I finish the steps including the calibration steps..:(

Could check with horizon directly to see if they can help. I never tried using a receiver that had more channels than the radio. I've only used receivers with the same or less channels than the radio.

I use the DX5C with the SR210 in 3 or 4 of my trucks, which is a 2 channel receiver.

Thanks olds, I have another receiver on the way just to see if that's the issue. I've sent out a couple of emails but no responds yet. I'm beginning to think its the radio itself because I evened tried to bind to two other receivers with no luck.

Did you purchase them together and were they both new?
Yes they are both new and came together. I finally got it to bind but throttle only and the steering servo slowly moved to the left by itself and burnt up.:mad: I replaced the servo and had to bind again but it wouldn't bind. I can build a guitar but when it comes to this I'm stuck in left field.

I start. With the DX 4C and had no trouble binding with the srs6000 receivers. So it must not be the number of channels causing the problem. I have the dx-5 pro now and I'm using srs6000 receivers and have no problem binding.

All the more reason to conclude that you got a defective unit. Which one? Not sure, but they should both be returned and replaced. At least one of them if they test them and find the issue.

Have you tried to bind the transmitter to any of your other receivers or vice versa

I ordered a 2 Channel receiver from Spectrum and it was the smmr receiver. I didn't realize they had made one on a different platform Where is the DX receivers are dsmr. The two of them will not work together.

Have you tried to bind the transmitter to any of your other receivers or vice versa
I was going to but they are not compatible with the radio. I have another receiver on the way..

Yes they are both new and came together.
Apparently NOT packaged together in the same box. That was the crucial question which would have led us to question which ones you bought. They might have been new and they might have been purchased together, but if they were BOTH in the same box you can return them. Did you buy on line or in a hobby shop?

I bought it online and yes they both were in the same box. I am communicating with the seller and have a return credit and also I am communicating with Horizon hobbies. I want to see if I can work out the issue first.

If the Rx was actually packed in its own spot inside the Tx box, it was an error at Spektrum. If it was just added to the shipment package and NOT included with the radio, then the error is Horizon. Look at the box the radio came in and see what's included. You can get just the radio or you can get the radio and receiver, or you can get the whole package that includes the radio, receiver and servos.

I purchased the above transmitter and receiver and it wont bind. HELP, what am I doing wrong? I went exactly by the book but no luck at all. Nothing in the troubleshooting section helps. Is there something I'm missing? The LEDs light up and flashes as its supposed to but I get nothing when I finish the steps including the calibration steps..:(
I had to put the power put the bind in the throttle position to see if it binds

I haven't messed with it for a couple of days but I'll try this, thanks.

As I mentioned above I have another receiver coming in a few days but until then I'm working on a Stampede 4x4 kit. Thanks @Skull34

Back