Spektrum DX3 vs Traxxas TQi (6509r) which is better?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
JennysRC has a good deal for both of them, which is better, I want to upgrade from the slt3 transmitter and receiver in my Typhon 3s.

Oh man I love Jenny's.. they are a couple towns over from me.. as for the transmitters.. I have no issues with the few traxxas ones I have.. the original TQ3.. from the original Tmaxx2.5 in 2000 is still going strong..the traxxas reciver and radio or good and have Bluetooth capabilities...haven't used the DX3 but read that it has issues with the failsafe and compatibility with sertain servos.on alot of different forums...

Before I bought either I would buy an FS-GT3C. I already have a GT3B and love it, but kinda want the C as well. These are way better than the SLT3. I don't have any experience with the ones you are asking about though.

I would also look at a Flysky transmitter over either of those. If you want something higher quailty look at a midrange Sanwa or Futaba radio otherwise Flyskys are good especially for the money and have 10 model memory.

I would also look at a Flysky transmitter over either of those. If you want something higher quailty look at a midrange Sanwa or Futaba radio otherwise Flyskys are good especially for the money and have 10 model memory.
That flysky has the memory built in correct? See I have the tqi.. its ok.. my futba mxp3 is way better..I also had to pay 30$.. for the bluetooh mod.. it has a 30 rc memory. I have 3 on it now. Which is cool.. but it would be so much better. If they made the controller a little bigger. With a Lcd screen built in..haven to use your phone.. that sucks because anything interrupts it...

That flysky has the memory built in correct? See I have the tqi.. its ok.. my futba mxp3 is way better..I also had to pay 30$.. for the bluetooh mod.. it has a 30 rc memory. I have 3 on it now. Which is cool.. but it would be so much better. If they made the controller a little bigger. With a Lcd screen built in..haven to use your phone.. that sucks because anything interrupts it...
Yes 10 model memory is built in to the radio

Traxxas has always been the Apple of the RC world, I will only be using the transmitter for one car since I only have 1 that needs a transmitter and receiver. Also, if I have guests over at my house, I like to bring the RC’s out all together. I have never had an issue with my Traxxas TQ transmitter (2.4ghz) which I have had for 3 years now.

If you are just going to put another RTR radio in - why bother? I guess I don't get it.