speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
whats the max any onroad rc cars go? like tops tops not stock, all out upgrades

I've heard like 100's on nitro and seen a video if like 130 on a brushless. I dunno about how much coin you need to accomplish either but that would be fun.

grgbulldog said:
whats the max any onroad rc cars go? like tops tops not stock, all out upgrades
.................That is a very good question. A electric onroad car set an unofficial record of 160 mph at the worlds fastest rc car challenge held by RCCA recently. As a guess I would say maybe 170 mph because I don't think you can keep them on the ground if you go any faster.

wow...thats pretty fast

I couldn't imagine what fun it could be to go in a straight line at 160mph...after it was done what else could you do with it? I have a brushless RC18MT that hits about 45 and it's flying....it's the fastest RC I've owned, and I have done the nitro 1/8 scale thing for over 2 years now with 4 buggies, 2 truggies, and 2 monster trucks not counting the T-maxxes, electric 1/10 scale TCs. the RC18 is more novelty than anything.....ANY crashes at that speed usually means it's in the garage waiting for parts......and it's built pretty tough already....

Some people like to do speed runs , some like to drag race and some people like to road race it is all about what you want to do!! This is what makes this hobby cool you can do what you want.

I can't imagine anRC going anything over 70 fun. My NTC3 back in the days with a MT12 hit close to 50ish with tall gearing. That was enough for me. I think that if you are going to drag, than get a rig made for it. There are Dragsters out in the RC world.THey are boring as hell but will achieve the top speeds in a straight line.

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't think it is boring unless the fastest your car can go is 50 mph. You don't have to get a purpose built dragster if you are just street racing. But there are so many different branches of this hobby you are bound to find something you like.

Last edited:
Thats true. I am in the market for an evo to run a BB in and that is gonna be STRICTLY to go fast in a straight line. My pals like their ntc3's and track racing... to each his own!

well I must have offended Nitro head's delicate nature...he sure is defending his speed RC hobby a bit much......I'm not bashing it just saying I, Me as in myself, can't see the fun in it......I watch the drag guys and the way they stand ready you'd swear they were gonna run down the track with the damn things....just not my bag baby....GRRRRRR

I don't have a delicate nature, I understand what you are saying , you don't like drag racing or speed runs fine that is your opinion go do something else I don't care just have fun at what you are doing. The street racers might think what you are doing is boring. We are just a bunch of parking lot bashers when we get finish running our road course we drag race for drinks and pizza.

Last edited:
I would like to see someone put a NovaRossi .21 modified in a CT5 I wonder what its topend speed would be.

now there's an idea. does anyone know what that mill prices at???

To get a hot modified .21 motor usually expect to pay $300.00 & up!! I am talking about Novarossi's RB's JP's etc,etc. These motors will last longer than your typical bargain basement variety.

no way! where is a good place to look for one? i never see hobby sites that sell novarossi.

78 Welder you can find a good selection of motors at acehardwarehobbies check out their website and check Mugen's website too. 78 if you think the prices are high for Novarossi motors check out the prices for the JP's I believe they are on the Mugen site. Here are some websites that have high-end motors for sale www.jpracing.com www.acehardwarehobbies.com www.mugenracing.com

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my land cruse missile
205600344.gif

Drags is a lot of fun provided you have the company of other drivers to compete with.
Some guys think its cheaper than track racing but its definately not.
Guys will do radical things to there cars to get that little bit extra acceleration and speed.

Only downside I found to it was the faster you got the faster you broke parts.
But its all in the name of fun ,and thats what this hobby is about FUN.