Arrma Big Rock 3s Upgrades?

• Thread starter Stewart.R.C.Concepts
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart.R.C.Concepts

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I just recently purchased Arrma Big Rock 3s v3 blx. And I love it however I see just like and other rc there are a few important upgrades that need to be made? I just wanted to ask you guys what's your Top 5 must have upgrades for the Big Rock v3 blx?

I don't know much about the big rock. But it's a pretty good car.

Somethings I consider upgrading

Better tires/wheels if needed
Setup changes (shock and diff oils, screw positions) if needed
Driveshafts
Hubs
Shocks (I prefer anodized aluminum bodies, with TiNi shafts, and threaded if possible)
Shock towers
Better quality and spec steering servo
And there is endless possibilities

If your looking on aluminum upgrades, some areas for aluminum is ok. Some areas are not ok for aluminum.
Arms is a no go
Shock towers and hubs are usually what I upgrade to aluminum if needed. Also steering parts like bellcrank, and servo horn.

Some of these upgrades can be performance, or durability, or customization

If RPM offers suspension arms for your car, that would be a good upgrade.

Last edited:
I don't know much about the big rock. But it's a pretty good car.

Somethings I consider upgrading

Better tires/wheels if needed
Setup changes (shock and diff oils, screw positions) if needed
Driveshafts
Hubs
Shocks (I prefer anodized aluminum bodies, with TiNi shafts, and threaded if possible)
Shock towers
Better quality and spec steering servo
And there is endless possibilities

If your looking on aluminum upgrades, some areas for aluminum is ok. Some areas are not ok for aluminum.
Arms is a no go
Shock towers and hubs are usually what I upgrade to aluminum if needed. Also steering parts like bellcrank, and servo horn.

Some of these upgrades can be performance, or durability, or customization.
Thanks man for the great info

First things to go on mine were the servo, and then esc. I went to steering and camber links from a traxxas slash, as the stock plastic pivot balls, and even the hot racing aluminum pivot balls wore out amazingly fast.
Other than that I've only upgraded for the fun of upgrading, not because it was necessary.

Go onto jenny’s rc and get spare axles, slipper assembly, diffs and diff input gears, you should be good for a while with that!

I have three 3S vehicles. If you take the time and set up the slipper properly, they're a blast. The front steering hubs can break easily if you clip something. No need to get metal ones. They're cheap. Keep spares on hand. 10 minute fix.

Yes, the steering servo is a weak point. Replace it with an S652. Others will suggest higher priced ones. Been working fine in mine for several years. Jenny's RC is the best place for parts.

Back