Looking for speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markaagent

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys! Having a blast with our Typhon 3S today and we did some speed runs today we hit just shy of 45 MPH pretty damn sweet!

Anyway we have a need for speed
I bought this typhon thinking we can make it a speed demon but quickly we learned it’s not quite possible with this platform no foul to the typhon it’s an absolutely awesome car!

So I want to ask what’s the best platform to go really fast RTR is the XO-1 really all it’s hyped to be? The felony looks awesome too, I guess what I’m wondering is are those 2 cars upgradeable speed wise? Or is there something else I should be looking for.

How fast are you looking to go. I know some people get some impressive speeds out of the Tyhon 6s I would think they use the 6s version for speed but I could be mistaken. And from my research I would think that Arrma on road rigs are better than Traxxas

Heres my speed demon. on 4 cells
a gtp v2 .. 172 mph 1/6 scale. I have 2 1 yellow and this green 1 .. they both are equipped with Dihedral's.

gtpv2.jpg

Hey guys! Having a blast with our Typhon 3S today and we did some speed runs today we hit just shy of 45 MPH pretty damn sweet!

Anyway we have a need for speed
I bought this typhon thinking we can make it a speed demon but quickly we learned it’s not quite possible with this platform no foul to the typhon it’s an absolutely awesome car!

So I want to ask what’s the best platform to go really fast RTR is the XO-1 really all it’s hyped to be? The felony looks awesome too, I guess what I’m wondering is are those 2 cars upgradeable speed wise? Or is there something else I should be looking for.
I think the Limitless, and the Infraction would be the cars to look at. Arrma on road cars are very impressive for speed runs. 🏁

I heard on the Arrma forum, that you need at least a 1/4 mile, If you want speeds over 150mph you need foam tires. The fastest record of the Lim is around 218 mph. Think that is accurate. 1/2 mile would be better. You will need a surface that is free of any debris, divots, and no car traffic. A airport tarmac, or race track would work as well. But besides that, I really haven't thought about it. It will take more than one run if you want real fast. 🏁 . Good luck. The Traxxas XO may be the fastest RC out of the box. But the faster car would be the Lim. But you have to add your electronics, motor ESC and TX/RX. You have to unlock the XO to go faster, safety issue. The Infraction is a great speed demon out of the box. Think that might be the way to go. If so I recommend the 6s version. 🏁 Have fun and start slow and easy, so you can work your way up to your desired speed. 😁

Last edited:
I never had a chance to try a high-end radio-controlled electric car. The only one I owned was a Wltoys 1:12. I used to enjoy racing it in parking lots or open roads, but at that time I mainly used 1:10 nitro models, which already gave me great satisfaction at 70 km/h.
Now I only have new 1:10 nitro cars that I keep as collectibles, but I am sure that one day I will return to enjoy radio-controlled cars like in the old days. :thumbs-up:

I'm not really into the speed thing, besides there really isn't a place around here to run on the road.
I prefer full throttle out on the sand. Granted it is super fast but nothing cooler than a 10 ft. rooster tail.

I'm not really into the speed thing, besides there really isn't a place around here to run on the road.
I prefer full throttle out on the sand. Granted it is super fast but nothing cooler than a 10 ft. rooster tail.
I think a 20 foot roster would be cooler. 😎🫠😅

I think a 20 foot roster would be cooler. 😎🫠😅
I've chased my Baja around the sand dunes with a tape measurer, it's just tough as hell catching up with it
to get a accurate measurement. :D

I don't do speed runs, as it stresses me out. RCs are supposed to be fun. But I will take out my street cars when I feel that urge. I like my Noto truck for bashing. Stunt truck lives up to its reputation. 💥

I've chased my Baja around the sand dunes with a tape measurer, it's just tough as hell catching up with it
to get a accurate measurement. :D
No no no, you're doing it all wrong. Tie a rope to your Baja and drive it away from you while holding the rope. When you stop eating sand stop and measure the rope 😁

Back