Something to keep in mind during the cold seasons

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelCityNitro

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yesterday I was working in Bridgeport, WV. I stayed overnight and came out in the morning to find that in the 10 degree weather that my parking brake froze. Now keep in mind that I'm 110 miles from home, and there's no way I'm paying someone to fix my truck. Well, I had to work on the snow covered ground and pull apart my drum brakes and free everything up. It's a really long story on how well it went (it was horrible.) But I eventually was able to leave the hotel and go to work. If you can avoid using your parking brake in cold weather... please do so. You don't want to go through that nightmare. All it takes is a drive on some wet roads and those cables getting wet. Apply the brakes and ta-da! You're hosed. If you drive a standard shift like I do, then I feel your pain. Also, if you DO have to work on your vehicle and you have to use a questionable jack... please put a wheel under your vehicle as the jack can potentially fall over. Mine did yesterday but luckily I had a wheel under the rear axle and the truck didn't fall onto the ground.

Back