Need Help Selecting My Second RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats ! What does your dog think of your wheels ? Some thoughts. ON-ROAD vehicles are OK on pavement but NOT good on grass. Some of the most popular multi-mode vehicles out there would be the TRAXXAS STAMPEDE and the TRAXXAS SLASH.
Both are available RTR ( ready to run ) 2WD and 4WD. Since you like tinkering/building they are also available as DIY KITS. I've built both. The build instructions are well written and easy to follow. Because of their popularity alternate and after market bodies are available pre and un painted. K.I.S.S. , ( keep it simple ) but buy a spare battery. Battery ? Since the dog walks will be liesurely, BRUSHED motors and NiMH batteries with a TRAXXAS ID changer will do. As you grow and SPEED becomes important, BRUSHLESS motors and LiPO batteries will become desirable. The higher milliamp-hour rating your battery has the longer it will run before recharging is needed. TRAXXAS transmitters also have options for BEGINNER and ADVANCED modes. BEGINNER might make a leisurely perambulation with your pup more pleasurable :) You also might like to do some video filming on the cheap. Micro-size cams ( dashcams ) can be had for well under $50 through places like WALMART. Have fun, enjoy; you never know where this great hobby will take you; FPV ? TELEMETRY? BOATS ? PLANES ? QUADROTORE ? ... ... ...
While i agree with almost all of this, i would make one "correction" if you will. I wouldnt look for a dash cam, only because most cheap dash cams dont have the battery life needed for recording very long. All three of mine, which were a bit pricey, shut off after 5 minutes once the vehicle is turned off. Instead, look on Amazon, Walmart, and eBay for cheap action cams (GoPro knockoffs). The ones i use for the videos i have on Youtube are around $60-$70 each, from a company called Campark. This is a cheaper example of what i mean: https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Shake-W...ampark+action+camera+4k&qid=1644714622&sr=8-6 Most GoPro accessories will fit it, and they can be had cheap. You can also get the smaller GoPro Hero knockoffs cheap as well, like this one: https://www.amazon.com/DROGRACE-Kid...827&sprefix=mini+action+camera,aps,86&sr=8-36 They have rechargeable batteries, and are fairly easy to use, but, will need a separate micro SD card.

I'll second the Arrma Typhon, fun on both dirt and street. The Typhon3S BLX can be had in the $400. range
Finally had 1 decently warm day here. Got a chance to try out my new ( Since Christmas) Typhon 3s on short grass in a very big area. It does fly! Very impressed. Had to turn down the steering rate though, cause I kept rolling it, then had to walk forever to flip it back right side up. I had bought the Noble nb4 tx, so I of course had to swap out the stock rx in the car. The range was incredible on that new tx/rx combo (no external antenna on the rx)! Never did get out of range or get glitchy. I really like the Noble ‘cause I’m left handed and other transmitters are just awkward for me. Happy RCing to all.

What about the Team Corally Skeeter seems like alot more value?
I see this post is a bit old, but if you're still considering the Sketer don't hesitate to give it a shot! I've had mine for a few months and remain super impressed with the design, durability and handling. The only changes I've made have been upping the pinion to a 15t and adding a heatsink and fan for the motor. I've had great luck with getting parts from rchobbyexplosion. The only failures I have experienced have been a misformed shock bladder that caused a leaky shock and just this weekend I bent an axle shaft on a bad landing (this is following about 20 packs worth of run time). Highly recommended!

Back