Sold my 14 year old TMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedRacerRx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last year I posted in here and received some great help from members to fix my tmaxx classic after 14 years of not using. Engine gunked up, after using some denatured alcohol I was back to burning nitro in a few days. I sold it a few days ago and want to get something new now. Which of the nitro powered traxxas trucks do you all recommend? Learning towards the 3.3 tmaxx but considering a jato too.

Thanks!

@SpeedRacerRx any reason you're looking at just the Traxxas brand?

If I had my pick of just those two models I'd probably go with the 3.3 T-Maxx just because it's been around for so long and there are a ton of upgrades to be had for it.

Hi all,

Last year I posted in here and received some great help from members to fix my tmaxx classic after 14 years of not using. Engine gunked up, after using some denatured alcohol I was back to burning nitro in a few days. I sold it a few days ago and want to get something new now. Which of the nitro powered traxxas trucks do you all recommend? Learning towards the 3.3 tmaxx but considering a jato too.

Thanks!
Two completely different animals. Out of those 2, I’d suggest the T-Maxx being as you’re already familiar with it. The Jato is quick but fragile and will take a good bit of upgrades to be a basher. In the end, it’s still going to be a 2wd stadium truck and won’t handle rough terrain as well as a 4wd monster truck.

My 1st RC was a TMaxx 3.3 and that started the addition LOL. I’ve never had a Jato but I loved the TMAXX. Ran great and was tough as nails. I passed it on to my nephew a few years back and he loves it. I would recommend the TMaxx over the Jato. The Revo is an awesome truck as well. A little more pricey though.

at the price range of the T-maxx id personally go for the re-released HPI Savage X 4.6 from HRP when they come back in stock ( https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/products/hpi109083-savage-x-4-6 ) or from a LHS that still has one in stock but then again i never had luck with the T-maxx, was my first Nitro and almost made me leave the hobby all the issues and money in upgrades i had to put into it to make it last. i dont know if id recommend a Jato unless you are going to be bashing on the street, or drag racing primarily either.

My 1st RC was a TMaxx 3.3 and that started the addition LOL. I’ve never had a Jato but I loved the TMAXX. Ran great and was tough as nails. I passed it on to my nephew a few years back and he loves it. I would recommend the TMaxx over the Jato. The Revo is an awesome truck as well. A little more pricey though.
What justifies the increased price of the Revo?

Can’t really say if it’s justified or not. The chassis and suspension is totally different on the Revo.

Maybe look for a Nitro Slash. Short Coarse trucks are the high craze now. Between the 2 you listed I would go Jato. A 2wheel drive nitro is balls out fun. Just go somewhere open so you dont have to be worried about the fragile front end.

Back