So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, a year late, got a the OS 11k & TRX 3.3 in an HSP Frankenstein truck running. It of course sings, screams, tunes easily, and idles endlessly without stalling, all while staying under 250F.

Yesterday ran my hsp. I forgot it didn't have reverse :) flipped it twice aswell

16908234093801768160313425999696.jpg

video of my hsp. It now doesn't die out at all at idle. Heck I have to take off the air filter and put my finger over it to die out :)

Nice! It's a great feeling when you can just run it around and it purrs the whole time.

May I suggest pinching the fuel line to shut it off, instead of removing the air filter? Touching the carb inlet with your fingers risks knocking dust & grit into the exposed intake, especially when the car is dusty from having just been driven around.

Nice! It's a great feeling when you can just run it around and it purrs the whole time.

May I suggest pinching the fuel line to shut it off, instead of removing the air filter? Touching the carb inlet with your fingers risks knocking dust & grit into the exposed intake, especially when the car is dusty from having just been driven around.
Thanks for the advice :):thumbs-up:

Burnt 3 ranks of fuel. Also did some donuts and made a 3-4 foot tall dust cloud. also I found that I didn't like the method of pinching the fuel line as it makes it rev to the moon. So I just use part of my palm to cover the air filter and it takes 2 seconds to die out that way and it doesn't rev to oblivion:)
IMG_20230801_110735_021.jpg

Pinching the fuel line about a 1/2 inch from the carb nipple ,a properly
tuned engine should die with in 4 seconds an it should only slightly
rev up before it dies!
The Lsn would be too rich if the engine lingers an stays running!

Ran my Evo-12 HSP build today. It hadn't been taken out for over a month and started on the first touch of the bump box to the flywheel.

Ran 3 nitros in 3 days - today, the SH-12 car. Excuse the naked chassis, I was still adjusting the HSN between runs. It's still "opening up", hit 47mph today. Hoping to eventually hit 60, but I may be hitting a wall in air resistance.

It can go a few mph faster with a body than without, which tells me turbulent drag is becoming a major factor at that speed. The same was the case with getting my Evo-12 car up to 50mph.

...maybe I should throw the TRX 3.3 from my truck build into a Flying Fish and see how it goes.

Also, another, longer vid of the TRX truck from a few days ago.

I run a quart and a half through my sons just broke in 3.3 TMaxx on Saturday. Getting it tuned up to idle and run correctly after break in. It finally settled the last 4 tanks and I have it tuned perfectly. I really enjoyed doing this.

He doesn’t know he has it yet. And, his first experiment in nitro was a decade ago. He didn’t break the car in correctly and fought it for a while until conceding and selling out.

I bought him this truck and broke it in and tuned it up for him. I’m going to visit him in a couple weekends and look forward to seeing his excitement as he drives his truck.

I run three tanks through mine on Sunday here in the neighborhood. This thing will fly. I love it. Think I’ve worked out a deal on a .25. If so, I get the joy of getting it running and getting it right. I love these nitro rc’s.

Last edited:
Fitted a wheelie bar and went up a tooth on the clutch bell (from 13T to 14) for the HSP-Maxx to try and keep it from flipping itself over every time I go full throttle, but it still has plenty of spring in it's step:

Not today but I ran my 2nd hand Irvine .20 for the first time recently, apparently the first time it has been run for about 10 years.
I stuck a 9x5 prop on it and was very impressed by the rpm attained, the noise, and 'the wind'.
Next time out it will be mounted in my tethered race car, I hope it doesn't tear the car apart!

Ahhh who cares, if it does fall apart** I'll have an excuse to build another. Next time I have a hankering to build an electric one, one with even more power!

** As long as no one gets hurt.

Last edited:
Hit a new personal best of 53mph with the SH-.12 powered "Flying Fish." Ran Torco's 30% fuel and an OS Gold P4 glow plug.

Nice ,I may have to buy some Torco fuel on my next fuel purchase sense Bones is no longer
in business ,I've ran Torco before sense it is based out of Arizona I think!
May also fire up one of my street rides ,they can get away from you quick an can be quite
scary to drive with out having a good spot!..:hehe::thumbs-up: