So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I took my micros out I just about lost mine at the sand dunes because of wind, really tough to control in the wind. .
He is really good at flying it in beginner mode. I think he could do intermediate, but the plane is so light if you feel even the slightest breeze, it gets a little interesting.

He is really good at flying it in beginner mode. I think he could do intermediate, but the plane is so light if you feel even the slightest breeze, it gets a little interesting.
Without doubt, they sure aren't meant to fly in the wind. A slight breeze takes them away.

I went to the park and ran the C74 the other day, sooner or later I need to slip a driver into it, and figure out some license plates.

20240302_155216.jpg

Breydon took his little plane out for a flight. The wind was very calm. As soon as he got it in the air, the wind grabbed it and took it away from us. Lesson learned. I feel bad for him because he was so upset, even though I told him it was just a cheap trainer. I think we will stick to surface RC's from now on.

Can you recommend a good replacement one? Still learning 😂
I use Savox or Hitec servos. If you want a really good one, look at Tekin. They are $170 or so, but damn nice servos. There are lots of good brands out there. I assume your Vorza uses a standard size servo, but not 100%

One note on the Savox servos, they are Amp drawing beasts, so some of them require a better BEC than most ESC's have. If so, you can get a Castle 10A to handle that.

By the way, that's the thing about buggies. They are great for race tracks with shallow jumps, or just ripping around a field, but they are terrible as bashers. Especially the really heavy ones like the Vorza. You might look into a Kraton for big jumps. Those big plush tires cusion any accidents 😉

@WickedFog Or @bill_delong would be one to ask. On my old nitros I ran fuataba. My crawlers I runt discontinued Tactic brands. Is this on the Vorza?
Yeah it’s the vorza

I use Savox or Hitec servos. If you want a really good one, look at Tekin. They are $170 or so, but damn nice servos. There are lots of good brands out there. I assume your Vorza uses a standard size servo, but not 100%

One note on the Savox servos, they are Amp drawing beasts, so some of them require a better BEC than most ESC's have. If so, you can get a Castle 10A to handle that.

By the way, that's the thing about buggies. They are great for race tracks with shallow jumps, or just ripping around a field, but they are terrible as bashers. Especially the really heavy ones like the Vorza. You might look into a Kraton for big jumps. Those big plush tires cusion any accidents 😉

I’m looking for another basher truck for him, almost picked up a mt8 the other day, but missed it debating whether I should or not 😂 he wants a jato 🤣, right now I’m thinking a granite, big rock, or mt10

Yeah it’s the vorza

I’m looking for another basher truck for him, almost picked up a mt8 the other day, but missed it debating whether I should or not 😂 he wants a jato 🤣, right now I’m thinking a granite, big rock, or mt10
Definitely the MT10 of those 3.

Breydon took his little plane out for a flight. The wind was very calm. As soon as he got it in the air, the wind grabbed it and took it away from us. Lesson learned. I feel bad for him because he was so upset, even though I told him it was just a cheap trainer. I think we will stick to surface RC's from now on.
I'm almost afraid to fly mine, wind + micro plane = $100 gone with the wind.

I'm almost afraid to fly mine, wind + micro plane = $100 gone with the wind.
It wouldn't be so bad if we had a bigger field. But by the time he realized there was a problem, it was already over an area we would never find it.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had a bigger field. But by the time he realized there was a problem, it was already over an area we would never find it.
Exactly how I lost my first micro warbird. The wind grabbed it and pushed it into the woods behind my house.
I've since found a great open area in town that's a low spot, surrounded by trees to block most of the wind.

Disappointing day for the 106R. Changing out the 27T 540 brush for a 27T 550 made little to no difference in its 33ft abysmal speed. Sux. Guess some RC days out are like that.

"Face it grasshopper, Rusty needs more motor. . .", says my alter ego. Time to stop embarrassing Rusty.

Weather was nice though and did lift the front wheels on one of the runs. Got a good bite once at least. So, day was not a total loss. Geared up and ran a PB on a 66ft retirement "speed" run for this package.

20240303_141812_forum resize.jpg