So what’s on ur Christmas list this year

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
What are all you hoping to get or wish list this year for X-mas?? Post them up

What are all you hoping to get or wish list this year for X-mas?? Post them up
Its not even thanksgiving yet, geez lol. As for my X-Mas list, there is nothing on it. I typically just buy things when i want to throughout the year, so, when the holidays come around, i already have everything i want.

My Christmas list is all parts I had broken so far and parts I might want. For the rustler I got a transmission, brushless system, driveshafts. For the slash I have clay tires and aluminum rear hubs. I also got other stuff I might need like more better MIP tools and a temp gun and a pinion gear set. Also have shock oil on there cause I need it. And then I have my normal stuff. I collect those hess trucks so I am going to get the new one for this year and maybe new xbox games. Also another thing/s I should get is external balance boards and charging pouches for the lipos. And maybe a pit light.
For those external balance boards and pouches. I just want them for safety and the LHS requires lipos in lipo bags.

With all the pre black Friday sales going on I picked up a couple of items I wanted already.. I'll just have to wrap them and mark them from Santa;)🤣. But the new SCX6 would be awesome to see under the Christmas tree, but I don't see that happening.

I grew up with little money, so, as an adult making a good living, I buy most things I desire, whenever I desire to do so. My wife has learned to not even bother asking. I ain't waiting for Xmas or my birthday to have what I want.
I tell her to not even bother getting me anything, but if she feels a need to do so, then just get me a gift card from Amazon. Our money comes out of the same bank account, so what difference does it make?
My most precious gifts are the ones handmade by my kids, not mass produced things that are bought.

I think once you hit a certain age Christmas is more about enjoying the season than the gifts. At a certain point you just don't need anymore "stuff".
Mrs. Doom and I usually just get things when we see them (within reason) through out the year.

When we were younger we did all of our Christmas shopping all during the year, and stashed it all until Christmas. We were usually done Christmas shopping by the end of September, which made the holiday season a lot less stressful. I am hoping to catch a good sale or two though :thumbs-up:

Last edited:
Just like the others, I also generally buy what I want when I want it. If my wife or mom ask me what I want for christmas/birthday/whatever, I usually say "nothing". I used to enjoy the holiday get togethers but these days even thats too much work. If it were up to me, my Christmas/Thnaksgiving/whatever holiday would be spent by myself in my hobby room lol

I make it a point to give money for Xmas to my kids and they can take the grandkids out to buy what they want.
There is only two out of 13 that come and see me anyway so I make sure those two have a great Xmas.
Just like all of you guys, when the wife and I want something we go buy it.

Last edited:
When all the nieces and nephews turned 18 we called it quits. We told everyone we were not doing gifts. We now have grand nieces and nephews but they are still to young to know the difference. in a few years we will probably start up again.

Sad but true, the only thing I wish for is for it to be over.
I would call you the grinch, but I feel the same way. Peoples driving got more aggressive since halloween and traffic is picking up. I dread going to the grocery stores, and they dont sell toys. 🤔

On a side note I wouldnt mind a scx6. Probably save a little each month for it until my birthday.

I am a total grinch but my wife loves it. So I kinda have it all figured out.

Thanksgiving Saturday I put LED lights around the house. LED lights work every time.
I put up a fake tree in the yard. Don’t ask.
The following weekend we go out on a Sunday and get a tree.
She decorates it and I go buy a glass bulb tree ornament.
I keep my f en mouth shut for two weeks and get a new RC car and eat dinner.
Done. Move on the 2023 race season.

A 3D printer would be nice, but won’t be happening. And as for getting to a certain age, stuff that, I love my kids don’t get me wrong but I better be getting something nice as well! 😂😂
I’d like a shiny new EB48.2 but don’t think that will pan out.
Bought myself a new BSA R10 TH laminate earlier in the year so a 4K Wolf day/night scope would be nice, but again won’t happen. And before anyone asks, our gun laws are way more strict🇬🇧. Haven’t got my FAC yet so .177 and .22 is the only way I can go at the moment even though it’s more expensive🙄

No judgements at all. I have a nice hunting rifle, a couple .22s, a sport rifle (AR), shotgun, but the one I use the most is my air rifle. Squirrels raiding the bird feeder, ground hogs digging holes in yard, damn starlings showing up, all taken care of with the air rifle.

Although it crossed my mind to ask for a new AR upper, so that the 3d printer looks more attractive to the wife, lol.

I'm getting my 3 year old son a crawler (he drives mine about 4 times a week).

Trying to convince my 5 yo daughter she wants one too :) (she drives RC stuff about 2-3 times a month)

I might get a 1.12th rock racer, or a rc car from Bangood. Also for Christmas I probably go to my pop's place to spend Christmas

@Andy McNab
"Bought myself a new BSA R10 TH laminate earlier in the year so a 4K Wolf day/night scope would be nice, but again won’t happen. And before anyone asks, our gun laws are way more strict🇬🇧. "

@kistner
"No judgements at all. I have a nice hunting rifle, a couple .22s, a sport rifle (AR), shotgun, but the one I use the most is my air rifle. Squirrels raiding the bird feeder, ground hogs digging holes in yard, damn starlings showing up, all taken care of with the air rifle."

Did I hear someone mentioning air guns?

Here's my .25 Benjamin Armada pcp with an older ATN day/night scope.
1118191233a_Burst01.jpg

Back