So I Took a Little Bike Trip the Other Day...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I've been really, really busy lately and haven't had much play time at all this summer. So I took Tuesday off, as I had some personal things to take care of, which I finished up early and loaded up the bike and headed out on a ride. As much as I love going riding with my buddies, sometimes being alone is priceless, it really lets me clear my head and shake anything that's been stressing me out.

I went to the Cherohala Skyway, hadn't been up there in years. For those that aren't familiar with it, the engineering behind the road is pretty incredible, and it took 38 years to build a 43 mile road

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherohala_Skyway

Anywho, just thought I'd share a few pics (All taken with my P&S by the way)

P1050127.jpg

P1050132.jpg

Sky.jpg

P1050119.jpg

P1050118.jpg

P1050114.jpg

P1050107.jpg

WOW, Thats awesome man, Beautiful country for sure.

Sounds like a whole lot of fun in my book! Beautiful Country out there.

Nice pics dude, bet it was a great day.

I used to take several trips a year up to deals gap and ride the skyway into Tennessee. Thats a very nice area up that way for sure. Hate the fact that they closed T.W.O ( two wheels only) campground.

Thanks guys, it was an awesome day for sure.

I used to take several trips a year up to deals gap and ride the skyway into Tennessee. Thats a very nice area up that way for sure. Hate the fact that they closed T.W.O ( two wheels only) campground.

I hit the gap later that evening, when the circus dies down. :hehe: There's a new store at the gap, with fresh smoked BBQ daily that's really good. Your not the first to mention TWO closing down, there's a lot of people that miss it.

Yeah my buddy told me about a month ago. Said it shut down last year. That really sucks too because that was my absolute favorite place to go stay at in North Ga. Then right across the street rip down wolfs pen gap. My family also used to have a cabin on lake burton for years i been visiting since i was 11 and after my uncle died and dad spread his ashes off the dock. My ignorant aunt sold the place and disowned her sons and that was the end of that getaway. There are still tins if nice cabins to rent up in the area and fairly cheap at that.

Yep, we used to make a few trips a year into N GA. Hit up suches, stop at Dales for a break / water / gas, then hit up Blood Mtn, and some of the other good stuff down that way. I haven't done it in a couple of years, as I heard it had become like the gap, way overcrowded and out of control.

Great pics. Must have been a great ride.

I have really been wanting to go back up that way for a vacation lately. Even though I'm without a bike right now its still my favorite getaway spot besides hwy 50 from Pueblo Colorado up to Grand Junction. I've drove that road hauling oversized loads to a few drilling rigs when i was still driving a truck and always wanted to go back and do it on two wheels.

Fantastic photos HPI looked like a great time!

Back