Small Scale Rock Climbers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've been reading a lil bit about the nw Duratrax Cliff Climber RTR rock crawler. Personally, I wuodln't buy it just because it looks very towerish and plastic to me. However, it is a 1/14 scale RTR crawler, and seems to have 2 axle mounted 380 size motors as well a 4 wheel steering. I'm wondering if some of the higher end companies may be developing something similar. The axle mounted motors seems like it would be fairly easy to set up a dig setup. I don't know how capable something of that size could be for out on the trail, but it would be perfect for homemade artificial obstacles indoors when its raining or snowing, things like that. Would be perfect to build a small crawler course in a shop or garage and mess around with when crunched for time or bad weather is outside.

Does anyone know of any of the better companies coming out with similar size or design ideas for RC rock crawlers?

Here's a few pics, looks like they will be available in several colors, same paint scheme.
duratraxrockcrawler3.jpg

duratraxrockcrawler6.jpg

The TLT is even smaller than that, in stock form it's a 1/18 scale.

Yeap I've been reading about them some, but it seems to take a pretty good bit of work to get it crawling, or is not right?

you could always build a 1:24 scale crawler using ssmt axles, but good luck finding a pair, they go for about a hundred bucks on the bay.

I like pebble pushers. There is an amazing truck club mainly made up of bagged and nody dropped show trucks called pebble pushers, some of the finest trucks on this earth sport the Pebble Pushers logo, and I always thought that was such a good name for a lowrider club

Back