Slipping one-way bearing symptoms?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoeba

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey gang,

Quick easy question: What kind of symptoms would indicate a slipping OWB?

On the starter or the trans?

On the starter, engine won't turn over when you pull the starter or hit the button on your e-starter. Or, it will turn over, but much few revolutions compared to how it does when it's not slipping.

If it's in the trans, usually OWB's are on your 1st gear so when 2nd gear engages, 1st gear rolls free. So, if the one in the trans is slipping, you will see lurching or complete lack of movement of the vehicle at low speeds, which may keep you from getting to higher speeds for 2nd gear to engage.

You pull the cord and nothing happens!:hehe:

You pull the cord and nothing happens!:hehe:

Heh, you have no idea how right you are. I'll start another thread but basically I learned that the compression on my HPI MT NitroStar 15FE engine is toast. It's an old mill and now need to replace it.

You need to clean the bearing and shaft. If yoy drill a 1/8 hole right in the center of your pull start you can use carb cleaner with the tube that comes with. You will also need to drill a hole in the bottom of the pull start as well so the fluid can drain. Don't forget to tape the holes after you are done.

If it's a pull start or EZ start, watch the flywheel. It won't rotate if the one way is slipping, but it WILL turn if it's the compression that's shot.

Hey gang,

Quick easy question: What kind of symptoms would indicate a slipping OWB?

If your having problems with the OWB in the engine , then use some WD-40 and it will work just fine. That's what mine does sometimes, I use it and it works no problem.:thumbup:

If your having problems with the OWB in the engine , then use some WD-40 and it will work just fine. That's what mine does sometimes, I use it and it works no problem.:thumbup:

I guess I didn't post it here or make it clear. It turns out the OWB was fine, it was the compression that was shot to hell. Waiting on the new engine.

I guess I didn't post it here or make it clear. It turns out the OWB was fine, it was the compression that was shot to hell. Waiting on the new engine.

Oh bummer, that sucks.......sorry to hear that :( Better luck with the new engine !;):D

Back