Slash Ultimate with 3S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
I just got my very first Traxxas and short course truck. The stock battery hold-down only accommodates a 2S. How do you guys secure a 3S battery on this thing?

make or buy a hold down that will work for 3 cells...I always make my own.so dual dot 3m works if you have some smarts

I just got my very first Traxxas and short course truck. The stock battery hold-down only accommodates a 2S. How do you guys secure a 3S battery on this thing?
With this;
s-l500.jpg

7426 code

Flip the hold down. One side is for 2S the other side is for 3S.

Flip the hold down. One side is for 2S the other side is for 3S.
It arrived yesterday, and I had it on the track today. Works great! While these types of hold-downs aren't as versatile as the velcro straps, I like the ease and clean look much better. Also, they are way easier to clean all the dirt off, after a day off-roading.

It arrived yesterday, and I had it on the track today. Works great! While these types of hold-downs aren't as versatile as the velcro straps, I like the ease and clean look much better. Also, they are way easier to clean all the dirt off, after a day off-roading.
I have the tall one on my slampede 4x4 to run 4S in it. It flexes a lot on band landings and the battery pops out along with the rear of the holder. I just installed one of those velcro things that stick to the bottom of the battery tray in hopes that it helps avoid the battery popping out. I'll still use the hold factory down though.
2021-0408-stampede-PureTechBatteryStrap-side-high.jpg

I have the tall one on my slampede 4x4 to run 4S in it. It flexes a lot on band landings and the battery pops out along with the rear of the holder. I just installed one of those velcro things that stick to the bottom of the battery tray in hopes that it helps avoid the battery popping out. I'll still use the hold factory down though.
2021-0408-stampede-PureTechBatteryStrap-side-high.jpg
So far, it has been working with zero issues. However, I don't bash, just running a dirt course with small jumps. Although, it has taken numerous tumbles.
Also, it seems my hold down seems to be beefier than yours.
0420212101.jpg

Back