Slash Project: Pro-Line '67 Drag Mustang

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Reserving this spot in the garage for a project Breydon and I will be working on over the next few weeks. @Kimmie28 sent us his Slash drag chassis to build this on, and we're going to have a lot of fun with this one.

So far the plan is to slap the Pro-Line '67 Mustang body on this with Pro-Line Showtime wheels and Reaction wides on the back and front runners. Motor for now will be a Castle 3800kv with an old Sidewinder ESC. Kimmie already has this one setup pretty good, so other than a servo, which I have, it is pretty much good to go after that.

Here is Breydon doing his unboxing (he loves doing these lol).

I really need to get us a good microphone for these vids!

Last edited:
Yeah, he loves it man. I'm hoping we get a warm spell before the really cold months of January and February. I have a feeling we won't though. The wind has been super cold this year so far.

Does anyone know if the Drag Slash arms are shorter like Bandit arms? I see they are heavy duty, so if they are Bandit length, I will just grab a set from Jenny's.

I think they are. I know bandit arms were supposed to be used on a drag slash build. I did buy some but they never actually worked as far as camber is concerned. That's why I just used slash arms

I think they are. I know bandit arms were supposed to be used on a drag slash build. I did buy some but they never actually worked as far as camber is concerned. That's why I just used slash arms
That body we are going with says you have to use the Bandit arms. Will see, but gonna go ahead and grab the Bandit arms just in case.

The Bandit and Drag Slash arms are the same 😉

We got the car all disassembled and cleaned. Everything looked pretty good. I am going to grab a few parts from Jenny's and the rest needed from Tower in a couple weeks. Then when Brey comes back on the 10th we will be putting it all back together.

If anyone is really bored, here is an hour of pulling screws 🤗
20211121_074209.jpg

Last edited:
All the parts for the build are in (I hope). Here is what we got for this project...

Screenshot_20211209-155233_Chrome.jpg

20211209_154847.jpg

20211209_154909.jpg

That takes care of the body and wheels and tires. Also grabbed some RPM arms, turnbuckles, better hinge pins, and some Exotek axles for a Bandit to narrow the track width to fit under the body.
Screenshot_20211202-204734_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211203-092530_Chrome.jpg

And now the excitement of waiting for parts to arrive begins :D
All the parts are here. Just waiting for the kiddo to come tomorrow so we can start building it. The only thing I am missing is probably some of the screws. I meant to order a new screw kit, but just realized I forgot it.

Its getting serious! Interested in hearing about the drive shafts and strc hinge pins.

Any idea on paint?

Its getting serious! Interested in hearing about the drive shafts and strc hinge pins.

Any idea on paint?
Still unsure on paint. I do want to try the Createx chrome that I bought. I have a lot of candy colors also, so it will likely be something using the chrome and candy.

Whipped up an ESC and switch mount for the Sidewinder 3. This is just temporary in this car, but the ESC hold-down will be able to be used in a Slash SCT build later using this ESC.
20211209_220018.jpg

20211209_220041.jpg

Any idea on paint?
Will be doing a vid of the build. Breydon has been wanting to do a live stream, but it would be a challenge because I am very unfamiliar with the Slash. It's probably gonna take a whole day to build it lol. But I will make sure and show the pins and axle install.

I was just browsing for paint ideas, and I think I love these colors for it. Not sure if I will do flames or what, but really diggin this black cherry look.
Untitled.png

Printing a new bulkhead. I rotated the arms for 0° caster and widened the upper shock mount so the shocks are closer to straight up and down. Here is the new lower mount. The metal Integy upright in the lower mount has been redesigned and is being printed as well because it no longer works for this design.
20211213_074858.jpg

20211213_082120.jpg

Still unsure on paint. I do want to try the Createx chrome that I bought. I have a lot of candy colors also, so it will likely be something using the chrome and candy.
Cautionary note on using chromes or candys. Used a candy flake on one of my prep dragsters and experienced difficulties at the staging beams. Apparently flakes scattered the beam making it hard to stage. Fix was using black electrical tape to mask the area interacting with the staging beam. For what it's worth. Cheers. 'AC'

Back