SkyRc T100 Charger and LIPO with XT90

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickdangerousxd

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am returning to hobby after 10+ years and so much has changed.

I am wanting to order a SkyRc T100 dual charger with two female XT60 ports and a Gens-Ace LIPO 4S that has a female XT90 connector.

My question is how can I connect the batteries female XT90 to the chargers female XT60?

I am aware of adaptors that go from male XT90 to female XT60 but how would I then connect the female XT60 to the chargers female XT60?

Wanting to order the charger and a couple of these batteries today or tomorrow hopefully

Thanks in advance

So couple of things. Instead of the SkyRc T100 charger Id spend a few bucks more and buy something thats more capable like the HOTA D6 Pro and instead of Gens_Ace lipos Id buy Liperior brand LiPos. Liperior are cheaper than Gens and in TESTING they perform better too.

As for your question you will need to either buy or make charging cables that have XT60 female on one end to plug in to the male XT60 connectors that are on the charger and then have XT90 male connector on the other end to plug in to the XT90 female connector on the battery. If I were you Id pick up some balance lead extensions too so you dont have to fight with trying to get the balance lead plugged in to the charger. Something like THESE

Thank you. Neither that charger or lipo brand are available here in the UK.

Is it possible to change any battery that has a female XT90 to a male XT60 so I can connect straight to a charger with female XT60?

Or are XT60 not rated for 4S and can a male XT60/90 actually be directly attached to the LIPO wiring.

Thank you. Neither that charger or lipo brand are available here in the UK.
The charger is available from HobbyKing.com I believe and they have very reasonably priced international shipping from China. Also if Liperiors are too expensive to have shipped internationally then Id look at Hobbykings Zippy Compact lipos. Those are also better than the Gens_Ace batteries but either way...

Is it possible to change any battery that has a female XT90 to a male XT60 so I can connect straight to a charger with female XT60?

Or are XT60 not rated for 4S and can a male XT60/90 actually be directly attached to the LIPO wiring.
First lets clear up some confusion about connectors and their genders. You have to use the right pronouns....nvm wrong conversation. 🤣

Seriously though when referring to a connectors gender you have to look at the pins inside the connector, not at the housing itself. For example, the pic below is a male connector. A lot of people mistake this as a female connector because they are looking at the housing instead of the pins inside the housing.

20211114_070015.jpg

Id also like to make a note here that batteries always have female connectors and chargers, ESCs, etc always have male connectors to reduce the risk of shorting a battery out.

Its possible to remove the XT90 connector and solder on an XT60 connector. An XT60 is fine for 4S.

The charger is available from HobbyKing.com I believe and they have very reasonably priced international shipping from China. Also if Liperiors are too expensive to have shipped internationally then Id look at Hobbykings Zippy Compact lipos. Those are also better than the Gens_Ace batteries but either way...

First lets clear up some confusion about connectors and their genders. You have to use the right pronouns....nvm wrong conversation. 🤣

Seriously though when referring to a connectors gender you have to look at the pins inside the connector, not at the housing itself. For example, the pic below is a male connector. A lot of people mistake this as a female connector because they are looking at the housing instead of the pins inside the housing.

View attachment 136788

Id also like to make a note here that batteries always have female connectors and chargers, ESCs, etc always have male connectors to reduce the risk of shorting a battery out.

Its possible to remove the XT90 connector and solder on an XT60 connector. An XT60 is fine for 4S.
Excellent thank you for the clarification. I will be soldering a male XT90 to my ESC to connect to my LIPO XT90.

Happy RCing to you.

View attachment 136788

Interesting see the manufacturers manual for the SkyRC T100. It says the XT60 has a female connection on the charger.

This is so confusing when trying to buy extension leads and adapters when the manual isn't clear in pictures or terminology and the same for online retailers. Some say one thing some say another for the same looking connector.

Still don't know what to purchase.
Cheers and thanks in advance.

Back