Sky RC GNSS Speed Meter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Internal battery power on my GNSS is beginning to fail and will not hold charge long enough for a drag or speed session. Opted for an external connect using a servo extension cable and a Y-extension off fan power. Routed and secured the wiring in place. This is the mount to my Senton 2WD buggy conversion.

Yesterday's session GNSS held voltage well and captured data without interruption. When RC is switched off for pit adjustments, GNSS continues powered up on internal battery.

20231029_111444_forum resize.jpg

20231029_111454_forum resize.jpg

20231029_133021_forum resize.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
I was just looking at getting one of these. Badass you can tap the car for power.

Hey guys. Yeah, Bill. Did check out the internal battery sliding door. But as you mentioned, there is no indication of a replacement listed by Sky RC. Decided to safe side it and option for external power. Did bookmark your link though. Appreciate that. Still enough internal battery life remains as a short-term back-up.

Price point is good now, Chubaka. Price on the GPS Speed Meter has come down US $20 since Sky introduced their upgrade performance analyzer as a pricer option.

Downloading GPS Speed Meter date to a computer allows you to pick points on the map run giving specific speed read-outs. Sort of have to interpolate the data as far as exactly where on the run course it is but so far works in deciding on gearing changes.

[ Edit: smilinbri, does the data analyzer have a provision for external power up as does the GPS meter? Can't tell from looking at the pictures and info provided by Sky RC. ]

Nah, it's just like the older version where you just charge the internal battery with USB. The charge lasts a ling time.

I love that you can see the speed on your phone and not have to look at the actual device. You can do a bunch of runs and it will tell you the fastest speed. Stores all your records in the app too. You can edit the entries to label each one with date and the car you were running.

Also love that it has a height option, as I use it when sending my Noto6s off the ramp. :thumbs-up: 😆

Indeed. Have watched a number of YouTube vids on the Sky RC Performance Analyzer. Impressive piece of equipment. Have wish listed it but sticking with my GPS Speed Meter for now. I do like the acceleration data the newer Performance Analyzer offers. Really like to see the accel curve on my 33ft Street Legal drag course. It's a real challenge to set up for such a short run.

Back