Silly question about using after-run oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CessnaDriver

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
From what I have read, you should put after-run oil in the carb. opening and the glow plug opening after use.

In the case of the carb. the air filter is held on by a tie wrap. How do i put oil in there without having to buy stock in tie wraps, or do you just suck it up and stock up on them?

CessnaDriver said:
From what I have read, you should put after-run oil in the carb. opening and the glow plug opening after use.

in the case of the carb. the air filter is held on by a tie wrap. How do i put oil in there without having to buy stock in tie wraps, or do you just suck it up and stock up on them?

After run oil is your mills best friend,I've always been able to re use the one i have on there i just slip mine off then right back on with a little effort that is, you should be good to go after that.

yep, suck it up. 1-2 drops down the glow plug hole and carb throat and your mill will last ALOT longer. Especially if you have a lot of down time in between run times.

I pour the stuff down there like it's a frat house initiation ceremony and the mill is the poor drunk slut that's gonna get it......1-2 drops is minimal....then turn it over and try to fire it till ALL the fuel is gone....

Plaidfish said:
I pour the stuff down there like it's a frat house initiation ceremony and the mill is the poor drunk slut that's gonna get it......1-2 drops is minimal....then turn it over and try to fire it till ALL the fuel is gone....

SWEET Anology Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tie wraps are cheap insurance, I always have about 500 on hand of various sizes. Try Frys or Homedepot, they have a variety pack of 1000 for about $10.

Harbor Freight is also a cheap place to get tie wraps.
I usually pour around 1/4 teaspoon of after run oil down the carb.