side by side pics of hard core mutant head and stock os

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! That sounds like the job for me! Sitting at home making the fat cash.. :) I guess I don't have it so bad.. I get to sit around at work and play with all the new toys.. :) P4 3.6ghz anybody?... oh wait.. ssshhhhhhh... :)

bastard. I have all dual 866's, 8 now but 12 when all are up!

any new code names????

There aren't any code names that aren't public knowledge. At least if there are, I don't know about them.. :)

At my desk I have my 'main' system(aka gaming machine). It runs Windows2000(I'm not a fan of XP). Has a p4-3.60ghz in it(you can see a review of this proc at tomshardware.com), ATI Radeon 9700 Pro video card in it, 1 gig of rambus(1066) RAM and two 80 gig Seagate Barracuda drives doing Raid 0. Yeah I know.. just IDE but it SCREAMS... I am constantly amazed. Oh yeah and did I mention the hefty lock on the case? hehe.

To my right I have a dual p3-500 system(which I mentioned earlier) which I mainly use for trying stuff out. I format it and install a new OS on it weekly(Messing with the latest version of Mandrake right now).

To my left I have a p4-2.0ghz machine that has Windows95, Windows98 and Windows NT 4.0 on it. That is for trying to duplicate problems people might have. We have a few labs of machines.. all WindowsME, 2000 or XP so I can use those anytime to try stuff.

You know, sometimes I really like this job.. :)

I love it. I run ultra 160 scsi and i have the radion 8500dv. most of my boxes have 512 pc-133 ( i use tyan motherboards, the tiger.) Guess what. I am not a fan of xp. Ilike the smart tags but its not important. I am win 2 k user and a win 2 k adv server domain. (active directory) I have one linux (sko) for security things....

I am a amd user as well but no dual amd yet. I think i will go mac before I get the dual amd.

i have msdn subscription so all of gate is free for me!! mehuhhehehe

Ultra 160... *droool*

Glad somebody else agrees with me about XP. It's like.. windows2000 that they made pretty(not as usuable IMHO).

I am currently(well.. when at work at least) working on setting up a test environment for 802.1x implimentation. This requires that I use XP clients(currently the only OS that supports 802.1x authentication), but the radius server is 2000. Talk about a nightmare though. Have to do all this crap on the server to get it to work. I finally got it ironed out today and tomorrow I get to convert all of the wireless users to 802.1x security. Standard WEP isn't enough.. :)

My new maxx had a piece of clear tape on the chassis under the pipe. I guess they thought it would keep the chassis looking nice if you took the thing apart before running it. I removed the tape because I figured it would just result in a gooey mess of adhesive later on. I bent the hanger wire a little to try to keep the pipe lifted a little bit up off the chassis.

Originally posted by HugeGuy
This is completely un-related but I figured I'd mention it just because.. :) Anybody ever notice how the stock pipe puts a mark on the chassis? I think it's kinda odd how Traxxas would do that. I just find it annoying.. :) Okay there, I feel better.

Back