Show me your short course truck bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah Zimmerman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I would love to see what bodies people are running on their short course trucks. What do you like or what works best? It seems like there are only a few different options but I'm sure someone has tried different bodies on their slash, senton, pro4, etc. I have a senton and I am close to pulling the trigger on the proline baja bug body. I feel like it would be more aerodynamic than the stock body and maybe not catch so many rocks like the stock body does. Pictures appreciated 🙂

On my slash I have 2 different bodies. 1 is my red and black proline silverado body. I suggest proline bodies because they are a lot stronger than stock traxxas bodies. 2 is my stock slash body. I had just got another body which is the traxxas clear one. I just got the traxxas one because it is already cut out and already has holes for the body mount since this is my first time painting a body. My uncle painted my proline silverado body.
PXL_20220305_035327229.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20211206_205451007.MP.jpg

The last picture is when I tried to do a monster slash project/build but it didn't work out for me because I got a steering issue with the front wheels. So right now I have trx anaconda street tires and basically right now it is a lcg on road basher.
Also I was thinking about racing it but my local hobby shop doesn't have a spec slash. They do have a short course class but the class is fading away that they don't race it anymore. If they did have spec slash I don't think I would qualify because I have a lot of upgrades done to it.
Also for my traxxas clear one I just got I'm planning to do blue in the front and orange in the rear and try to fade the 2 colors in the middle. Or using a silver to sperate the colors.

TA Pro4 SC10 with Senton S6 body. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Attachments

• 605BCFCE-F888-4084-B6C0-0803CBB91713.jpeg
    605BCFCE-F888-4084-B6C0-0803CBB91713.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 75
I had a Jconcepts Ford Raptor body - very, very durable. I'd bet it'll outlast any Proline body.

Now I'm running a TMT one (Turkish "indestructible" variant). It's not pretty but it's pretty bulletproof.

I would love to see what bodies people are running on their short course trucks. What do you like or what works best? It seems like there are only a few different options but I'm sure someone has tried different bodies on their slash, senton, pro4, etc. I have a senton and I am close to pulling the trigger on the proline baja bug body. I feel like it would be more aerodynamic than the stock body and maybe not catch so many rocks like the stock body does. Pictures appreciated 🙂
I just got a new SCTE body. I feel like it'll fit multiple formats of truck. Just a matter of where you put mounting holes. It also came precut. With some pretty good air holes.

20230819_161511.jpg

I feel like it'll fit multiple formats of truck. Just a matter of where you put mounting holes.
Yea true. Slash 2wd and 4wd bodies are the same. My uncle still has his old SCTE and SCTE 2.0 bodies so I'm going to run over to his house, steal them without him knowing and see if they fit on my slash. I compared the wheel bases and if I remember correctly, the slash has a longer wheelbase than the SCTE by a few mili inches or something.

Wont be surprised if Losi bodies can fit on Tekno and vise versa.
With some pretty good air holes.
Thats what I need to do with my slash body. It parachutes too much on the track.

Short course is so much fun. In my area, short course faded away a long time ago. We did a mixed truggy / sct class the other week. Its just that no one has / wants to race sct anymore. Its just mainly buggies and wheeler, we also race Mini Bs, which that is starting to gain in popularity.

Short course is so much fun. In my area, short course faded away a long time ago. We did a mixed truggy / sct class the other week. Its just that no one has / wants to race sct anymore. Its just mainly buggies and wheeler, we also race Mini Bs, which that is starting to gain in popularity.
I hate buggies. They just get too much attention. I realize that they're really popular but they're over-rated as far as I'm concerned. I dont like the way the handle.

I hate buggies. They just get too much attention. I realize that they're really popular but they're over-rated as far as I'm concerned. I dont like the way the handle.
I just run my wheeler as it was my first race grade kit, and 4wd car. And also, i started racing with it back in June (Built it up in December) and I only got it because local club only races buggies. And I race my Mini B because I had it first off, and they wanted to start racing them so I said why not. Locals said that 2wd buggy is the most popular class and best class to start out with, but I went directly for the 4wd, as because its more faster, more forgiving, and something new for me as I was used to cheap 2wd Traxxas bashers. (Like my slash, which I raced in that video, the black and red silverado)

If Id started racing when my uncle was into it, id probably would've have a slash 4x4, or a losi/tekno sct. My uncle had a SCTE 1.0 and 2.0 in the past. Sold them, now he only has his 4wd buggy and basically out of the hobby, but he will go to the track and race when I drag him to. 😂

Back